Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove one today with the cup suspension kit fitted

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Took me back to the good old hot hatch days - what a great little car

Felt as quick as my VX and actually had more grip [:O]

Build quality seemed ok, not German levels but adequate

mmmm...... I could sell my winter Fiesta, sell the VX and get one, be able to enjoy it all year round and have ?5k in my pocket, and save on 2 lots of insurance etc.........

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I was gonna get one.... but too small for me, and if they depreciate like the 172's did i would be ready to cry!

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
My work chum has one of these, I agree these are little monsters, My tweaked R has him but it ain't easy! Perhaps a little to harsh for my poor old back...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Awesome wee cars. The Clio is up for replacement in January though, so depreciation will most likely kick in big style.

·
Registered
156 Posts
And it looks like a Clio, which I really dont like. I guess the look of a car takes priority over performance for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote: posted by Geeba on 14/12/2004 11:34:25

Chicks car...

I worked for Renault about a year ago and had a 172 at my disposal. They are great for a quick nip up town but no good for a long journeys, after about 10k the interior started to rattle and the electric's...well less said....! The french just can't build car like the germans can.....[:)]

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote: posted by djhorace on 14/12/2004 09:27:05

Awesome wee cars. The Clio is up for replacement in January though, so depreciation will most likely kick in big style.

New Clio is actually due November 2005 ![;)]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by CarlT on 15/12/2004 13:18:48

Quote: posted by djhorace on 14/12/2004 09:27:05

The Clio is up for replacement in January though, so depreciation will most likely kick in big style.

New Clio is actually due November 2005 ![;)]

Depreciation is minimised, when you only keep cars for a month at a time [;)]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 15/12/2004 14:13:12

Depreciation is minimised, when you only keep cars for a month at a time [;)]

I wish [V][xx(]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The cup is the same car, but without xenons, leather, cruise, and it has manual aircon instead of climate

The one I drove is the standard 182 but with the cup suspension

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by MOB on 17/12/2004 09:07:38

The cup is the same car, but without xenons, leather, cruise, and it has manual aircon instead of climate

The one I drove is the standard 182 but with the cup suspension

I nice beasty, nevertheless!

·
Registered
80 Posts
My mates got the 182 with the cup package, bright blue version with the white strips up the bonnet, roof and boot. It looks fantastic and always turns heads when we are out for a spin.

It holds the road very well, I guess thats down to those Michelin Exalto tyres with the stiffened side walls and the cup suspension. I had a go in it the other week and going from my Golf that doesn't really handle that well to the Clio that goes round bends for fun, it was great fun.

Have to say if he didn't own one, I'd have one anyday for a couple of years of fun!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mob, the solution is buy the Mini first, keep it for your usual short period of time then, sell it & buy a Clio. Buying the Mini first won't loose you much in the depreciation dept. Sorted.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'd so get one as a second car. No way would i give up the Golf for one but as a pure and fun driving car they look to be top of the pile.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts