Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of these bad boys do I need to change to get my air con blowing cold again? Everything else okay but still getting lukewarm air...

The re-circulation flap has never worked by the way but not sure if there is another flap which may need opening other than the one under the pollen filter.

White Organism Font Motor vehicle Line

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
As far as I know my climatronic does work fine as does the recirculating flap.

When AC is on (auto mode not econ) its cold and works but I feel it’s not as good or as cool as newer cars AC. I just take this as it being old, however if it should be the same as a new car then I should look into it also? Who’s the expert on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you had it regassed??
Yes
I don't think it's in that pic - number 10 here is listed as "control motor for temperature regulating flap"

--><!--
As the temp is now normal again outside, you can feel cold air coming out but it's just the outside air temp really. Is it under the drivers side dash? If so, I'll take a look tonight.

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
935 Posts
I think that pic is LHD - I've only ever done the V71 air flow flap (part no 8) and that's down the side of the passenger dash - so I'd be looking under the centre console maybe !?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyhow, I've been told all my servos are fine apart from the v71 which I know about. However, does it need to be fixed to resolve the issue if it's never worked?
Answer is apparently yes cos me flaps need to be realigned and software won't do it if one's broken.

·
Super Moderator
50,238 Posts
Get a diagnostic scan done and it should tell you the name (component number) of the one that's faulty.From the diagram above it's V68 for the hot cold function and not the recirc flap.

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
935 Posts
My hot/cold used to work while my V71 recirc flap servo was out of service? - not easy to replace with big hands but do-able with a lot of swearing

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get a diagnostic scan done and it should tell you the name (component number) of the one that's faulty.From the diagram above it's V68 for the hot cold function and not the recirc flap.
Done the other day - didn't have time on posting. Recirc is the only servo not working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts