Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I seem to be having problems with my heating. The past few weeks i've noticed that no matter what temp i set it too it just seems to blow hot air, with the exception of if i set the temp to LOW then it will blow cold ish air out.

I have also noticed that i can hear a repeating clicking sound from somewhere below the gear stick/ footwell area.

I'm guessing here as i dont really know how the system works but could this be some sort of gate that open's and closes to control the temp that stuck open or broken?

When i set the temp to low i have also noticed that the air flow is very uneven in that it blows hard then hardly blows then hard etc

any help would be great :)

Sam

·
oooo audi
4,721 Posts
oops its in the title the clicking are you sure its under the gear stick not behind the glovebox which would mean its the recirculation motor failed as mine did

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi yeah its auto. i think your right it is coming from down near the glovebox. is the recirculation motor a big job? tricky i guess.

what problems did you get with yours when it went? because mine is always hot even when its on 19degrees its boiling still.

·
oooo audi
4,721 Posts
i got a constant clicking it means the motors goosed i found some on ebay for about 40 quid although at the moment i just unplugged the old one its a hard job to do due to access bu you can see it, no problems with it just the noise. oddly it went away when i pressed the recirculation button but my windows would steam up so had to put up with the noise til the screen cleared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts