Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a drive today after cleaning my turbo with mr muscle oven cleaner and after about 10mins of driving my ac climatronic turned off and won't come back on ? Also the outside temp on the computer is just reading ---c ?

Help please as I don't have any heat in the car now !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The screen won't even turn on ? I have checked the fuses on the side of the dashboard and the 3 on top of the battery but all are good

·
Golf V R32 3.2 250PS DSG / Golf IV TDI-R 200PS
1,870 Posts
Won't even ask what you were doing with oven cleaner near the turbo, hope this was just cleaning the outside of it!

I'm not 100%, but I think the clima shuts down if the system gets a problem like no gas. Why not take it to a Kwik Fit and get a free gas check. They can even recharge it for £30 (it might have gone up again).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been looking this afternoon and it's fuse no 5 holder which is a 7.5amp mini blade fuse which keeps blowing as soon as I turn the ignition on and in turn won't turn the climate screen on and the outside temp sensor. Does anybody know where the outside temp sensor is so I can check the wiring ? Pics would be great

·
Registered
95 Posts
climatronic still works if the ac system is empty of gas, the out side temp sensor is located at the bottom of the passenger side front bumper.

have you checked the wiring on the bulkhead/ near the turbo just incase you disturbed any connections while doing the cleaning?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought that but i couldn't see any wiring near the turbo ? All the wiring I think is at the front near the rad and fans ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts