Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, bit of a weird one this. I've had a set of 18x8 RC's fitted for a while. It seems that whenever I have the centre caps fitted, at low speeds I can here a tapping/clicking noise that is related to wheel speed. Almost like there's something loose that's rolling around. I can't think what on earth it could be but it seems to be centre cap related.

Can someone confirm how the centre caps are supposed to go together and how tightly you're supposed to put them on just in case i've been a muppet and put them together incorrectly? It seems pretty obvious how they go together but you never know.

Cheers,

Adi

·
Registered
927 Posts
have you jacked up each corner and spun each wheel by hand to see if you can fully pinpoint where the sound's coming from?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did that a while ago, pretty sure I couldn't get the same noise to occur. Will try again this weekend. Currently dark and raining outside. [st]

·
Registered
381 Posts
Check that your wheels nuts are tight! Have you had them off recently?? Is the clip on the cap holding the dish tight to the cap.??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts