Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing exciting....today I thought i'd clean my engine bay as it was looking a bit grubby. I used a strong Virosol solution and finished the plastics off with Meguiars Trim Detailer. Quite pleased with the results [:D][:eek:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...And last week my dad hired a Karcher 'Puzzi' to clean all the house carpets, had it over the bank holiday period so I decided to shampoo and revitalise the whole interior [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've run out of things to clean now though [:eek:)]

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Those mats look terrible.... awful random hoover marks on them.

Don't you 'stripe' them with the hoover nozzle like you do to your front lawn ?

Up the mat....down the mat....up the mat....

....and I also thought I saw a few specks of dust on the air filter cover ?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Looking great mate esp considering the state it was in when you got it, how come the cubby hole and the radio are back to front?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Nice job there chap [^], did you take the sound deadening material off the bonnet & wax that paint work too ???

Or am I only that sad[:I]

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Blimey that is so clean, its like new. I bet you picked up a few scratches on your hands getting into all those nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Bloody hell mate - that looks like new !!!

I did something similar with mine when i was selling the mk4 - I got a pack from Halfrauds where you degrease with this one bottle and then wash etc - when dry you spray on this kind of 'coating' stuff - engine bay detailer - like a lacquer.

It did the trick too.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by adam10780 on 04/04/2005 13:22:13

am I right in thinking you used a de-greaser then blasted with the jet wash?

If not how to please [:)]

Correct, I used Virosol (citrus based degreaser) my Karcher pressure washer to blast it off [:D]

·
Registered
122 Posts
[/quote]

Correct, I used Virosol (citrus based degreaser) my Karcher pressure washer to blast it off [:D]

[/quote]

um...jsut wondering did you cover all the electric parts?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts