Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so after 5 mins of scrubbing with a soapy sponge i get this finish, and i couldnt get any better than this:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Posted Image
<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

using a scotch bright and cillit bang i scrubbed away at the exhaust rim and outer pipes.<o:p></o:p>

rinsed it all off, dried it. then used brasso on the pipes and buffed them up to leave this finish:<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

no corrosions and scratches what so ever. well recommended for any one with lots of black stains on the exhaust finding them hard to remove.<o:p></o:p>

Myk3

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Have you tried AutoGlym or Peek metal polish! (in the tube not the bottle - very important) It's quality! Amazing stuff! Always brings mine up a total treat!!!

P.S. Stellar saucepan cleaner also works pretty good! but its not cheap!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
In the days before cats we used a measure of the exhaust that colour as being a rich mixture, just a hint of grey was better - have you tuned it?

Doh! just read your sig....... that was on n/a engines btw

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Want to do mine ?

Posted Image
you should be able to get that back to a shine, maybe not the greatest of shine but you could if you scrub hard enough and use the right products

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Have you tried AutoGlym or Peek metal polish! (in the tube not the bottle - very important) It's quality! Amazing stuff! Always brings mine up a total treat!!!

P.S. Stellar saucepan cleaner also works pretty good! but its not cheap!
I always use the autoglym metal polish with great results!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
you should be able to get that back to a shine, maybe not the greatest of shine but you could if you scrub hard enough and use the right products
This is the best that I could do using metal polish and some 3M scouring pad;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great improvement. i find that the milltek standard is fairly dull looking stainless steel. the blue flame look allot shinyer standard which is a let down to milltek if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hope thats a non-scratch scourer pad!!! [:O]

It'll never come up proper bling if you use a scourer! scratches the finish!

If you don't let it get too out of control, a cloth ussually works fine! Dishcloth to apply and scrub, big fluffy one to buff!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats the first thing I noticed......... (being a vampire slayer an all!) Or you're bloody good at Photoshop!!
Niiice shine BTW!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I gave mine a good going over with some 2000 wet and dry, it's no longer a Miltek now LOL

Posted Image

It was the only way to get the rust to shift. What I find weird is that the silencer on the back box is in prestine condition compared to the tips !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts