Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I rinse the residue off as I go round then dry it as usual

First time I used one I washed, dried, clayed, washed, dryed - but I soon got fed up with that...............

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys

so i give the car a good scrub then use fresh soapy water as the lube. do i give it a wax or polish after? what polish/wax do you recomend?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
clay removes ALL wax and polish etc.....
Does it? I thought it only removed bits of crud sticking to the surface.

Best to wax after though just to be sure and get the best results.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Can't see it removes all the wax, I still get nice beading when I have used one. I imagine it does remove some of the wax but certainly not all of it. I polish/wax or just wax after anyway [:D]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Can't see it removes all the wax, I still get nice beading when I have used one. I imagine it does remove some of the wax but certainly not all of it. I polish/wax or just wax after anyway [:D]
I've been playing around with my PC this week and did the bonnet and drivers wing to test it out, coated them in Zymol concours. Yesterday I cleaned the whole car and clay'd it first and there was definately still wax onthe bonnet!

J.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I've been playing around with my PC this week and did the bonnet and drivers wing to test it out, coated them in Zymol concours. Yesterday I cleaned the whole car and clay'd it first and there was definately still wax onthe bonnet!

J.
my error then.....i just thought it removed all the wax........i'm sure i read that somewhere........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts