Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some more clay bar. I've been using 3M's clay bar for about two years - its been ok but I do think its a little weak sometimes, and is certainly not as good as DT concours Clay I had years ago.

But for the price and quantity of the 3M it was good value and certainly eclipsed most other brands in terms of the quantity supplied.

What other brands of Clay bar are there? What ones do you all use?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Serious Performance (not including discout)

?11.99 for 85g bar + 473 ml of detailer,

or His own Cla bar 100g ?7.49 200g ?13.99 300g ?19.99

Clearkote 200g Bar in Case ?14.99 or including 16oz of quik detailer (better than megs) ?21.49

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does that price include the spray as well?
yes it does.... I nomally buy this product just for the spray.
Thats quite handy to know, cheers Kevin.

Thanks for the prices Steve - thats puts them around the same price as the 3M 200g product.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've been using the megs kits in the past, about ?11 If I remember correctly.

I did get a nice new SONUS one off Mr Whittle a while back, its less abrassive than the megs one, I just havent got round to using it yet. That cost me about ?10 on its own........

2p [Y]

·
Registered
521 Posts
If it is of any use....I have just got some more Sonus Clay, like the one that Jace mentioned...if anyone is interested. Haven't worked out how much the P&P will be yet, but I will price them cometetively.[;)]

Got some of the clay/lube kits as well and lube on its own...and other bits as well [:D]

Also the Swissol Paint Rubbers are ?11 ea delivered (?11.59 PayPal)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If it is of any use....I have just got some more Sonus Clay, like the one that Jace mentioned...if anyone is interested. Haven't worked out how much the P&P will be yet, but I will price them cometetively.[;)]

Got some of the clay/lube kits as well and lube on its own...and other bits as well [:D]

Also the Swissol Paint Rubbers are ?11 ea delivered (?11.59 PayPal)
Arg... I've just sent a cheque off for the meguires stuff.... i'll see how I get on and bare you in mind next time.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
@ Tabs?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I must admit if Jace recommends something then I would go for that product (just look at his car!!!!!).<o:p></o:p>

I like the meguiars stuff as I don?t really Clay Bar my car at all, maybe twice a year if that, but I do like the quick detailer spray that comes with it and I believe it is the only way to get hold of that spray in the UK. It?s very easy to use and gives a very good waxed finish in minutes. Plus I go through this stuff like there is no tomorrow, so the price, I think, is great.<o:p></o:p>

Just to let you know that Halfords are doing a bit of a good offer at the moment (In Kent they are). If you spend ?50.00 then you get a ?10.00 credit voucher to spend at a later dated (within two weeks I think). <o:p></o:p>

This is a great offer if you use Meguiars (or Auto Glym) products, as I bought<o:p></o:p>

Meguiars Next Gen Car Shampoo (large bottle) = about ?12.99<o:p></o:p>

Clay Bar Quick Detailer = ?11.99 (x3)<o:p></o:p>

Meguiars applicator pads =?3.00 ish<o:p></o:p>

Total ?51.96 ish<o:p></o:p>

And then I bought another Clay Bar quick detailer with the credit note voucher<o:p></o:p>

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Pretty sure you can buy just the detailer on it's own Kev but maybe not at Hafords. I bought some for about 7 or 8 quid I think from [:$] Extreme in Harlow [:$]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I like the meguiars stuff as I don?t really Clay Bar my car at all
Kev, I'll buy the clay bars off you if you don't use them.
Don't worry about paying me for them, you can have three of them the next time I see you.... I'll keep one for myself just in case...LOL...LOL

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
what about the SP stuff?....is it anygood?

could do a group buy on it. someone buy the multiples, then share out the saving.

are there different "grades" of claybar also?....cos use the swissol paint rubber, works great on the paint, to be fair, my paint dont really need it that much, but it dont really do much on the tiny brake dust specs on my wheels.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
are there different "grades" of claybar also?....cos use the swissol paint rubber, works great on the paint, to be fair, my paint dont really need it that much, but it dont really do much on the tiny brake dust specs on my wheels.
Yes there are, most are reasonbly abrassive & should be used once or twice a year at most, but there is a new lesser one from SONUS, which is for more regular use 3-4 times a year say. Mr Whittle has some, so speak to him about the ??

& its well worth Claying your wheels, I did mine a month or so ago, & brake dust just slides of as the surface is soooo smooth. Its a long job, maybe a mornings worth, but time well spent.[8-|]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
as i say, i have clayed my wheels.

however, the swissol paint rubber didnt do anything much to the teeny specs of brakes dust on there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts