Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted to rant about this for a while... its absolutely ridiculous. Pretty much every other forum I've been on has a classified section for its members' use that doesn't require this sort of approval like we're a bunch of kids... Also it takes DAYS to get approval, its updated once every three or four days at best.... unless it's a moderator or someone "important" to the forum who is selling something, in which case its instant. What if someone really needs to sell something in a hurry?

It's really really silly, we're not kids, turn it off

Ta.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Just approved all the ads. Most of us have been away this weekend so there haven't been many people online who could approve the ads.

It's not aimed at making you appear like a bunch of kids, its there to make it a stand alone system, as when we switch over to the dedicated classifieds system it will be much the same only withouth the need for us to approve ads.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I've just read my post again and it's quite aggressive isn't it! I apologise, I was in a really bad mood when I woke up this morning lol

I wasnt complaining cos I had an ad awaiting approval... its something thats always annoyed me, as a parts vulture i check the for sale section a lot and its quite annoying when theres nothing new for 5 days then all at once you get 20 ads you have to sift through...

I'm glad that soon the approval system will be abolished, I look forward to it!

Cheers

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you ever going to sort this out guys it's annoying me a lot once again!

Please can you approve my santas i wanted to get shot of them by the weekend

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
why cant the ads just go on right away like normals posts do? i advertise my stuff on a few other dub forums and they go on straight away with no approval needed, while on here it sometimes can take 3/4 days, in that time the parts have been sold and your getting a few dissapointed ukmkivs buyers who think the stuff is still for sale, but in realiy in has been snapped up from the other forum!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Its all down to the old system we had, which was stand alone/self contained and didn't facilitate replies. When we changed from Snitz to Community Server, which didn't have a classifieds bolt-on, we wanted to try and replicate the old system during the interim period of us design a similar stand alone system for this software and getting it implemented.

If we opened up classifieds to replies again then changed the system to a stand alone one, could you imagine the confusion? It happened last time and we don't want to repeat it again!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Can you not just get some more people to help? I for one would be willing. I check the ads every day without fail and it is annoying when they do not get updated for days, then you get loads. I am sure there are others on the forum that could spare 5 mins or so as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How's about setting a few rules before you can post.
i.e. you have to be a member for at least a month and have posted at least 30 - 50 messages
then once you've done this, get approval by a mod to post in the classified.

This keeps it down to seriouse sellers and allows the section to be updated instantly!!

How's about that??

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i go on other sites and my ads go up straight away!i find it so frustrating to stick ads up on here.plus they get locked too.othe sites allow you to reply to the ad directly.on here you have to private message the seller.so no one knows if there is a queue of people wanting to buy a particular item!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well still happy to offer my services to help with the approval etc.  I work from home now so i am on the forum all the time.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i posted an ad for my car 2 or 3 days ago, and still it hasnt been approved, any chance of someone approving some ad's?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Tabs i also check the ads daily i tried to put up something i saw on ebay but now because of the delay its been sold so some members who don't always check ebay may of missed out on it.Also i know its against the rules but if someone post in the forums its there straight away so whats to stop them putting up items for sale in there as a few people have done ?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts