Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been thinking about putting some clasic audi a8 alloys on 8x18" on my bolf what you people think? have them chromed or most probably highly polished?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Highly polished would look good, IMO. Rather than chrome. I seen these on a Grey Bolf at Inters '05 and they looked good.

Classic Audi rims, always look good. Look at mine !!!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmmm where can i get them that higlhy polished geeza great thing is im in no rush lol as they wnt b going on till summer lol

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
......Sorry Chaps, they look more like wheel trims than wheel trims do !!

In fact why not save yourself a grand and just buy a set of wheel trims ?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

i kinda think taht too but that drew me towards them more lol i need adapters but they are only 150 for 4 so not to bad

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

i kinda think taht too but that drew me towards them more lol i need adapters but they are only 150 for 4 so not to bad
?150 for 4 sounds very cheap ?? I dont want to question you mate, as your car is a testament to your good taste, but do you mind me asking where they are at that price ??

The reason I ask, is, I had some ?160 ones on my car and I had terrible vibration through the rear. I ended up forking out a further ?250 on a decent set.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
venom motorsport, where u get urs i dnt mind paying out more if i have to lol
I've not had any experience of Venom, I got mine of from a German supplier, www.tunershop.co.uk who stock every size under the sun and are extremely well made, quality items, all TUV approved.

The prices quoted by Venom in the mags are all +VAT, so if you have seen them at ?150, I guess that is +G&T.

One other point, make sure you state that you are fitting Audi rims and NOT Merc rims as they have a different centre bore diameter and you want hubcentric ones @ 57.1 mm. Best of luck mate. Those rims will look the dogs nads on your motor.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Mate, I have just checked the Venom ad in Golf+ and it says the adapters are for a Merc, so these would not fit Audi rims. Merecedes centre bores are 65.1 mm, Audi are 57.1 mm, the ones in their ad are also the pressed in stud type, which I would advise you to steer clear of, they are POO !!!

One other thing they are ?150 +VAT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts