Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,207 Posts
Sorry but an Upsoluted K03 1.8T ~185/195bhp will not beat a CTR.
Either the driver must have been a complete muppet or it was a rebadged S type or similar.
That can be the only explanation as a CTR is VERY capable and will upset many a fast car.

Whats a Revo-Milltek DV?
Maybe that was the difference? [:S]

· Registered
7,207 Posts
I have thrashed 3 of them but there was one in particular which was much closer.
He jumped out of his car at the next set of lights asking if I had 'chipped' my car, wish I had of told him it was standard!!

· Registered
7,207 Posts
What is the v-tec and what's so good about it?
VTEC (which stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is an electronic and mechanical system in some Honda engines that allows the engine to effectively have multiple camshafts. As the engine moves into different rpm ranges, the engine's computer can activate alternate lobes on the camshaft and change the cam's timing. In this way, the engine gets the best features of low-speed and high-speed camshafts in the same engine.

· Registered
7,207 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Gary [:)]
No worries Sarge, just pulled it off Google.
I know theres a s elector pin in there which changes cams over when going into the 'vtec' zone.
Its a hell of an engine though which could just as easily be driven badly as to its full potential.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.