Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
There is actually 2 in liverpool, no idea why they have been imported!
the one above appears to have the new polo dash! which is weird.

Would I buy one? only if I could get a used three door one, on another note howcome the Golfs for sale?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
After driving a couple in South Africa, they would really have to be cheap to consider one as a runabout.  Things have moved on a lot in the last 20 years.  I am sure that there is a couple of firms importing them into the UK already.  If they did a GTI then I may think about it a little more.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think beetles uk,or something like that are importing them,and they are about ?8500 as a starting price.

They are also importing the "old" VW campers,although where they are getting brand new ones of those from,i have no idea,and the last time i looked at their website,you would have to be VERY dedicated to pay what they are asking for those!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have some nice step ladders...........my real ladders had me adopted as a kid.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like them, but prefered it when the interior came with the mk4 GTi 3-spoke steering wheel. (think it was 2002/2003). Would have to be three door though...

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Thats fantastic.

My MKI 1.3CL looked just like that except I changed the wheels for some Scirroco ones.... Happy days

Seriously consider one but as said above, it'd have to be lowered and maybe some kind of engine transplant done, anorakey thoughts say PD lump !

I wonder if the clutch cable still rips through the bulkhead ?

....And if the front brake pads are still as small as the Golf 4's rears ?.... Remember changing them every 5 to 6 thousand miles.

Still love the MKI and for those youngsters who simply don't get 'it' you must try and get behind the wheel of one, then you will understand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts