Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I?ve just fitted some Chrome Rings I bought of ebay, expensive but I?m happy with the result. I did need to add a dab of super glue to secure them though. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Here?s a link to the guys ebay shop:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BORN-Car-Styling

Delivery from Germany (from purchase) took approx 4 days.

<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
27 Posts
very nice, tempted to get some myself, do they just stick on without having to take anything out or do you have to take the switches out first ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing needs to be removed etc. The ?rings? fit in the gap between the switch assembly and the dashboard.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I purchased some of these this week both air con and light and they arrived in great condition and very quickly.
The finish and quality of these are second to none not cheap and tacky but good quality chromed aluminium fit is precise with no gluing needed and the coustomer service offered by the seller was second to none. Its a shame he doesnt offer the aircon ones for those who have dial controls I thought they were the same size as the climatic but they are not so have had to send them back for a full refund.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought these for my Golf and was also surprised that these were machined aluminium and NOT plaggy coated with a chrome paint which is what I expected.

Whilst the light switch ring fitted with no problem at all, the climatronic ones didn't. I had to unclip the fascia panel and sand a little lip off the fascia with some 600 grit w&d. Whilst this wasn't difficult (it only took 1/2 an hour) it needed doing. The rings now sit completely flush with the fascia and I didn't need to use any glue. They are a 'tolerance' fit.

I like the look, but I appreciate it isn't to everyones taste. The clocks and inside of the climatic controls are chrome ringed, so these rings enhance and complement these. I am surprised that these aren't fitted in the factory, or aren't available as an option... They help to lift a rather boring interior!

fM

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Marky V,

I don't know about the drinks rings... They are for an Audi so I would email the seller and ask the diameter.

I emailed him to ask about the radio rings - The radio rings don't fit a MFD2 but do fit an RCDx00. The knobs ([:$]) are smaller on the MFD2...

Cheers,

fM

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tempted to order some of these, even though my car's not due for another couple of weeks. I agree as they've put the silver on the dial why not do those as well, but, suppose it's personal preference as mentioned.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi all have any of you guys bought the rings off these guys and they have sent the wrong ones?iv'e paid for the climate control ones and they have sent me the light switch one,i was still gonna buy the light switch one anyway but im not paying double the amount for them to send me the wrong ones again!!!

Ps have found uhu glue to be the best thing to stick these rings on with[Y]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts