Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im talking pedals and mats, pedals areblack rubber and worn, matts are fine apart from drivers side which has a ever growing wear-hole.

So its time.... want chrome grippy pedals and new stylish mats (perferrably with some blue trim or GT etc. to match car interior).

Ideas welcome, and any info on where to look and cost.

Cheers,

GT 130.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
First I'd get some TT ally pedals actually a votex upgrade for all VW of that age, about ?30, try OEM parts, mats... get some Justmatz midrange ones for about ?60 and you can have what you want on them, anthracite with blue piping with GT logo perhaps? and if you fancy a new gearknob how about a beetle sport R-line style one for about ?35?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Some blue neons in the footwell would really set it off too, quite OEM looking with the dials etc?

NOT!!!!! [+o(]

He, he [:D]

·
Registered
530 Posts
i had blue neons in the front footwells of my old car and din't look too bad!

none of the under car stuff, think thats tacky.

my two cents

Noel

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was at Loch Nean last week, what a size that is for a loch!

Regarding neons - [:#]

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
In a word, Very! You do need to glue to accelerator pedal over the Original plastic/rubber one tho. God knows why its not a standard fit but loads of people have done it. Myself included obv. Been there for 3 months now without so much a whimper...

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No offence meant here by the way as I really appreciate your help on the subject!! But I dont want to glue anything over the original pedals, for me that is tack and a bit risky considering they are the foot pedals...

Its gotta be metal on metal, screws and stuff. Sparco make a nice set that bolt on - bigger job but a propper job. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hey, your not gluing the pedal onto the lever on the car as such, the plastic cap pops off the pedal, it is this that you glue (I used stikaflex, its like an ultra sticky silicone sealant they use for side skirts and boat fixings) amonsgt other things, then clip the plastic back on as it should be, will not budge an inch, that how OE anni and R32 pedals come from the factory, not sure on the adhesive used, most sparco type sets are illegal for road use as well. The Audi ones are TUV approved OEM parts.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, your not gluing the pedal onto the lever on the car as such, the plastic cap pops off the pedal, it is this that you glue (I used stikaflex, its like an ultra sticky silicone sealant they use for side skirts and boat fixings) amonsgt other things, then clip the plastic back on as it should be, will not budge an inch, that how OE anni and R32 pedals come from the factory, not sure on the adhesive used, most sparco type sets are illegal for road use as well. The Audi ones are TUV approved OEM parts.
Oh right, thats interesting. So your not sticking the new pedal ontop of the original worn rubber one, you remove the rubber one first to reveal the bare metal is what your saying.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Well the brake and clutch metal covers are on a rubber backing (exactly same shape as standard backs of pedals), they simply replace your existing ones (with plenty of washing up liquid they are tight little mo fo's) so you chuck the rubber away then put these on. The accelerator pedal.... its a plastic cover that clips onto the metal pedal, this is the part you glue to the metal audi pedal (as it is about 1mm too large all the way around, designed that way for some reason, think it is so that you have to glue it to secure it) so you glue this with stikaflex or similar, then the plastic simply clips back into place and is removable whenever you wish, say to return to standard, or if there is ever a fault with the DBW system, so it fits like factory, just has nice aluminium cover on it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I had a set of TT pedals, first was from a LHD model with the accelerator pedal being way too large which I guess is what's being talked about here.

Clutch and brake pedals are the same so I ordered an accelerator pedal off a RHD model and it fitted perfect with no need to be glued or screwed on in any way. It was simply a case of removing the original rubber and replacing.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yip, the RHD pedal is about 1/2 the width of the LHD and fits perfectly without glueing [:D][y] Vagparts sell them

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone got anymore suggestions on where to look etc?

Any more good places to order them from?

GT 130

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just realised I hadnt updated this topic on UK-MKIVS, Audi TT pedals fitted, got em from OEM parts. Yeah, pleased with them alot.

GT 130

1 - 20 of 20 Posts