Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Quote: posted by GerryD on 19/04/2005 14:50:25

Mark V, did that happen today? I have just checked their price list and it has todays date on it. Will that affect orders already placed or is it only new orders?

This has just happened - please see my 'Warning' thread.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The car in the pic has the optional front spoiler colour coded, and the standard rear valance also colour coded. Its on 17" Estorils. Only other options are the arm rest, mud flaps and lux matts. Hoping to pic it up next tuesday or wednesday! I payed ?18500.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cheers for the "Heads UP" guys!

Unfortunately, I am having to play a waiting game in that I cannot order anything for another couple of weeks (Flat sale!!).... in the meantime I am driving my old mans Hyundai Lantra (This the "in-between" car since selling a Twin Turbo Supra!!!!)

I am hoping that the Co. I will be ordering from will have one already in stock, and not have to order a new one to be made - in which case the Climate will be included.

Cheers

Flash

[8D]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm going to pic up my new car this evening about 5.30! I saw it sitting in the workshop all ready for collection on Tuesday but couldnt get it then as I had to wait for funds to clear in to my account (bloody banks!). I'm feeling pretty excited as I've been without a car now for 3 months!

I'm sure there has been a post on this before but I couldnt find it, but what do you guys think is the best car care system out there for pollishing and waxing? I have always used Autoglym but I get fed up with the powdery white residue. I have heard a lot of good things about Meguiars. Any comments?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Its a new car so avoid polish. I would suggest you keep the car washed regularly with a quality shampoo such as Auto Glym. Wax it within the first couple of weeks (Maguires or Auto Glym High Gloss Protection) but no polish.

One thing you do need to do immediately is to wax the Estoril wheels as brake dust will start to bite in to them and be a real pain to remove. With new wheels I usually wax them twice in the first week and they are then resistant to dirt for months.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've ordered black but tried to change it last minute to the steel grey aftyer seeing a couple. Colours other than black make the other bits of black on the car (front spoiler, door pillars etc) stand out a bit more and gives a bit of contrast. With the black, it all seems to blend in.

Anyway, I was too late, order was confirmed and black it will be and I will be happy.

Therefore I say steel grey or black (or laser blue). Very decisive I am.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Black always looks good, shame is a git to keep clean, any dirt shows up immediately! Whats the deal with waxing instead of polishing?
Basically, polish is an abrasive and only needs to be used to sort out paint problems. New paint on bodywork or wheels should be waxed rather than polished. The wax will seal, smooth and condition the paint. It will make it repel water UV light and brake dust. Its really worth doing with a new car, particularly on the wheels.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well I picked her up this evening and I have to say I'm properly chuffed to bits with my new purchase. It looks awsome, better in the flesh than it looks in the photos. The colour coded rear valance makes a big big difference in my opinion. The Estorils look fantastic and generally the whole car looks great. What made me laugh was the journey home from the dealers. A type R flew up behind me on a duel carrige way and I really was driving very gently as its a new car. He just sat behind me and didnt try to overtake or anything even though he had all the oppertunities in the world. It was as if he was dropping in to line, not wanting to risk me stomping on him (not that a 2.0 TDI could). I think he thought I was a GTI! He was a cockey young guy, just the sort to "have a go". Nice to get some respect!

So has anyone on here tried the Meguiars wax? I think thats what I'll go for as I've heard such good things about it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.