Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering a new 2.0 TDI in the next couple of weeks, but I dont know which colour to go for and I'm finding it really hard to choose as the are so few photos about of Mk5's that arnt silver, black or costal blue! Does anyone know of a web site that has pics of mk5's in all the different colour variations? I'm sure I'm not the only person having this problem. Do you think mk5 owners on here could compile a gallery with all the colour variations? Might not be possible but would certainly be useful I think.

I have looked at the VW site and their virtual colour s elector is useless. Looks like something done in "paint"!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks nice KuniD, much cleaner than the blue graphite car at my dealers. Your just down the road from me in Hastings! I have seen a pic of a steel grey, and seen one briefly in the flesh and it does look very smart!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately its not mine! Its the new domonstrator at the garage and wont be for sale for 3 months. But with the Estoril's, front valance, colour coded rear valance and mud flaps (seem to make it look lower) I thought it looked excellent. I thought only GTI's would look good Tornado Red, but now I'm converted. Did think it might also look good exactly the same but in black. Think I'll order one this weekend if I make a final decision on the colour, probalby the external spec, with the centre arm rest and possible the highline computer if someone can tell me what the difference is over the midline. The salesman couldnt!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The car in the pic has the optional front spoiler colour coded, and the standard rear valance also colour coded. Its on 17" Estorils. Only other options are the arm rest, mud flaps and lux matts. Hoping to pic it up next tuesday or wednesday! I payed ?18500.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm going to pic up my new car this evening about 5.30! I saw it sitting in the workshop all ready for collection on Tuesday but couldnt get it then as I had to wait for funds to clear in to my account (bloody banks!). I'm feeling pretty excited as I've been without a car now for 3 months!

I'm sure there has been a post on this before but I couldnt find it, but what do you guys think is the best car care system out there for pollishing and waxing? I have always used Autoglym but I get fed up with the powdery white residue. I have heard a lot of good things about Meguiars. Any comments?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well I picked her up this evening and I have to say I'm properly chuffed to bits with my new purchase. It looks awsome, better in the flesh than it looks in the photos. The colour coded rear valance makes a big big difference in my opinion. The Estorils look fantastic and generally the whole car looks great. What made me laugh was the journey home from the dealers. A type R flew up behind me on a duel carrige way and I really was driving very gently as its a new car. He just sat behind me and didnt try to overtake or anything even though he had all the oppertunities in the world. It was as if he was dropping in to line, not wanting to risk me stomping on him (not that a 2.0 TDI could). I think he thought I was a GTI! He was a cockey young guy, just the sort to "have a go". Nice to get some respect!

So has anyone on here tried the Meguiars wax? I think thats what I'll go for as I've heard such good things about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.