Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sorry to butt in! The red car in the pic has extra coding on the front and rear valances. The rear one prob makes the biggest difference. Shifty went for the red one in the end (with the Estorils) and collects later this month.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Quote: posted by GerryD on 19/04/2005 14:50:25

Mark V, did that happen today? I have just checked their price list and it has todays date on it. Will that affect orders already placed or is it only new orders?

This has just happened - please see my 'Warning' thread.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Its a new car so avoid polish. I would suggest you keep the car washed regularly with a quality shampoo such as Auto Glym. Wax it within the first couple of weeks (Maguires or Auto Glym High Gloss Protection) but no polish.

One thing you do need to do immediately is to wax the Estoril wheels as brake dust will start to bite in to them and be a real pain to remove. With new wheels I usually wax them twice in the first week and they are then resistant to dirt for months.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Black always looks good, shame is a git to keep clean, any dirt shows up immediately! Whats the deal with waxing instead of polishing?
Basically, polish is an abrasive and only needs to be used to sort out paint problems. New paint on bodywork or wheels should be waxed rather than polished. The wax will seal, smooth and condition the paint. It will make it repel water UV light and brake dust. Its really worth doing with a new car, particularly on the wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.