Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my S3 for less than a week and already the modding bug has kicked in. So far I have fitting the 2001 (facelift) tail-lamps and a full A/V setup.

Now I need to decide what alloys to go for. I have decide that I want to stick with the OEM+ look.

These are wheels I am considering:

RS4's

Posted Image

MTM's

Posted Image

Sportec Mono 10

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by PJ52GLY on 25/09/2004 12:24:08

for the price of them nice MTM you could go for RS4 RS6 18 or 19 and get it REVO to 260 is NICE!! that what i want

That was my line of thought also[;)]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote: posted by MarkGT on 25/09/2004 13:03:04

not an option on your list, but what about the A8 wheels? They could look pretty good.

From the list I'd say the Sportec...they look great

Done the A8 thing already on my gold and I don't think they looked as nice on the A3/S3 as they did of my previous car.

I do like the MTM replicas, but aren't they RS4's without centre caps and have also become quite a common wheel on the VAG scene?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have been offered a brand new set of 19" RS6 for ?450, which I am seriously considering. I don't need tyres as I have a full set already. Trying to found a picture of the RS6's on a dark coloured S3 or at least some form of 5 spoke alloy on it.

Could only found this:

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote: posted by DDX on 26/09/2004 02:01:53

Voted MTM's but polished RS4's would look luverly on your car. To be honest though, does it make a difference - if the Golf is anything to go by you'll probably change them in a month or two [;)]

lol[:I] Danny, you know me so well[:D]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Quote: posted by aRd on 26/09/2004 12:41:50

19" or 18"MTM's will look the dub'ollox Nick

Why don't you be different and go for wide deep dish rim (like brock b4) and slam on the deck

I want to keep with the OEM+ look and the wheels I have chosen above suit the S3 and stay within my objective.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you all for you input. I heart was drawn to the Sportec's, but my mind said take the 19" RS6's for ?450 and then you got plenty change lefted over to ticker about under the bonnet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.