Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my S3 for less than a week and already the modding bug has kicked in. So far I have fitting the 2001 (facelift) tail-lamps and a full A/V setup.

Now I need to decide what alloys to go for. I have decide that I want to stick with the OEM+ look.

These are wheels I am considering:

RS4's

Posted Image

MTM's

Posted Image

Sportec Mono 10

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Quote: posted by sir_blates on 25/09/2004 00:25:05

Do it like your cig picture man, 18" S4 alloys slammed [:D]

his sign pic has standard s3 17in alloys [:I]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by PJ52GLY on 25/09/2004 12:24:08

for the price of them nice MTM you could go for RS4 RS6 18 or 19 and get it REVO to 260 is NICE!! that what i want

That was my line of thought also[;)]

·
Registered
47 Posts
not an option on your list, but what about the A8 wheels? They could look pretty good.

From the list I'd say the Sportec...they look great

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote: posted by MarkGT on 25/09/2004 13:03:04

not an option on your list, but what about the A8 wheels? They could look pretty good.

From the list I'd say the Sportec...they look great

Done the A8 thing already on my gold and I don't think they looked as nice on the A3/S3 as they did of my previous car.

I do like the MTM replicas, but aren't they RS4's without centre caps and have also become quite a common wheel on the VAG scene?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote: posted by sir_blates on 25/09/2004 00:25:05

Do it like your cig picture man, 18" S4 alloys slammed

his sign pic has standard s3 17in alloys

Its a Photoshop ! And the wheels have been modified and look more like 18's, look at the tyres..

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by cage on 25/09/2004 18:08:38

I do like the MTM replicas, but aren't they RS4's without centre caps

Basically, though they have a groove that runs around all the spokes, but I like them because they give that OEM+ look - could be stock, but a bloody nice looking kind of stock. A twist on the tried and tested RS4 look. Do note if you go 19" you will need real ones, the replica 19" is a very different design and did not float my boat in the same way

and have also become quite a common wheel on the VAG scene?

I wouldn't say that. I know of only one other MKIV with them (MK4 Turbo), only one 'firm' UK supplier of the reps, and have only seen cars in the metal with them at AMD (one A3 and Bushys RS4). They are certainly nothing like RS6s, which are everywhere - there are two A4s in my street with them.

Sportecs would be a very close second for me, 1st if they were not so expensive.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Im still a big fan of the RS4's. Genuine ones though mate, qualities so much better than most of the rep's. I had some on my A3 til I sold it, wish Id kept them now for the golf[:(]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have been offered a brand new set of 19" RS6 for ?450, which I am seriously considering. I don't need tyres as I have a full set already. Trying to found a picture of the RS6's on a dark coloured S3 or at least some form of 5 spoke alloy on it.

Could only found this:

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 30 Posts