Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a stock 1.8T on 20k miles. What is the best chip to go for Ive looked at Revo and AMD but what is the best one, and are there other ones out there.

Ideally I don't want to be travelling too far so somewhere on the east coat of Scotland would be ideal!

·
Registered
447 Posts
i would go for jabbasport if you are near them as it is a custom map on the rollers specific to your car, other chips are generic. but you are far away so i would go revo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anybody here have any experience of Star Performance? they are only a couple of hours from me so they sound the obvious place to go but before I do I want to have some confidence that the job will be done correctly.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I dont think you will have any problems with Star, they are a well established company and good at what they do !

However I dont belive they offer APR remaps anymore, but do offer their own remaps.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've had Jabba and Revo and I'd recommend Revo 4bar.

Jabba is a LONG way from you! Star do their own maps not Jabba as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by EddyH on 18/02/2005 15:29:18

I've had Jabba and Revo and I'd recommend Revo 4bar.

Jabba is a LONG way from you! Star do their own maps not Jabba as far as I'm aware.

you haven't had jabba on the same engine though have you and from memory not wanting to open a can of worms you blamed Jabba for something

that you posted on here as a problem before you even had it remaped at jabba....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 18/02/2005 13:46:10

I would also recommend 4bar Revo SW.

from the rollling road printouts i've seen REVO has more midrange but jabba hold the power for longer up the revs.... you will be happy with both

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the Jabba Sport web site Star performance is listed as an agent of theirs, does anyone know if they do the Jabba mapping or just the APR one?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just had my 2000 DBW non-vvt GTi remapped at Star Performance. Jim Curley was very friendly and after spending four hours on the rollers with car came through to the waiting room with a laminated dyno plot and my keys for my test drive.

Car is amazing and now has 200 bhp and 214 ft.lbs of torque. Doesn't sound as much as others get but is so quick on the road with maximum torque at 3000 rpm. This equates to 70 mph and offers amazing overtaking potential. What's more I now get 38 mpg on the motorway, as aposed to 36 mpg when standard. Can give upto 45 mpg if driven carefully.

Mine has the Dual System and can be changed between standard and uprated using a small box and the diagnostic port. Never been standard since remap, but there was no soldering and can be changed back to standard at sale to retain its value.

I'm sure Jim just uses APR and the Dual System. But can then fiddle with your car to provide a more bespoke remap when performing the conversion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts