Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been quoted an excellent price for a remap with Chipped UK, so I decided to have a trawl through the forum for some opinions on their service. Apart from a few people coming on here boasting about massive performance for peanuts and then getting shot down in flames, there's very little feedback about them. There's also an epic thread from January between Jay at Chippeduk and forum regulars bitching back and forth, but the upshot was that it told you bugger all about the quality of the product. I see they are an official sponsor of the site, so I'm guessing they're experienced at this kind of thing, but some impartial advice would be useful. Any clues?

Russ

·
Registered
566 Posts
He's massive on the BMW forums where his product appears to work well. On here, I think there are few people who have tried him but I've not heard anything bad about him recently.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi mate,

I had my car mapped last weekend by Ultramap, who work with Chipped UK. The difference, these guys are mobile and they will chip your car outside your house! Very pleased with the service and the now performance of the car [:)] Even gave me a graph using their telemetry equipment to show me the improvement before and after. I now have 165Bhp and 360NM of torque from a Tdi 130.

Worked for me as I did not have to travel miles on a weekend or take a day off work to get it sorted.

URL: http://www.ultramap.co.uk/flashpage.html

BTW, just noticed that you are based in surrey, one of the technicians from Ultramap actually lives in Surrey.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got a ChippedUK remap and I'll be going back there when I change cars. Jayson knows his stuff and offers great service at a reasonable price - give them a try!

·
Registered
437 Posts
The bitching was from someone who tried to blackmail Jayson into giving a free remap iirc.

I've
heard more good than bad (you alwayts get someone moaning) about
Chipped Uk so if I was getting a remap I'd definately consider
them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've notice you both have diesels. I know that ChippedUK are big on the BMW scene and the only turboed Beemers are oil burners, so they've probably got that side of things sussed. Can the same recommendations be given for a petrol cars I wonder.

Russ

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi tayles... i had my 1.8t agu remapped by jayson at chipped uk about 2 months ago money well spent and have nt had any probs

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Had my Bora remapped by Jason the other day, Would highly recommend their service and remaps to anybody!

Always happy to help out , giving helpful advice etc.

The differance it has made to my car now is awesome.

Top Guys.

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
Remapping is a matter of taste. every map i have driven has been totally different so its just what you prefer! You can't please all of the people all of the time! Going off what people have said, they seem spot on.

Give it a go. I'm sure if your not happy they will return your car to its original state, so not much to lose really.

Hope this helps

dean

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I had my 1.8T remapped a couple of months back and was more than pleased with both the product and service I received.

Will be going back for another remap as soon as the bigger turbo is fitted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been thinking about a remap and have made enquiries with chipped uk. They have quoted an impressive 55bhp increase which seems very optimistic to me.

Anyone had a PD 150 done by them and can comment on the likely increase?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everyone's replies. Good to see some decent feedback on Chippeduk. I might give them a whirl after next payday. Then, God help me, I'm on the slippery slope towards a bigger turbo, lowered suspension, bigger alloys and an angry missus!

Russ

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
LOL! yeah but its a fun slippery road! The missus is a different story though, I've had ten years of an angry missus since i bought my first mk1!!!!!

Enjoy it, hope everything pans out

Regards

Dean

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey, I had my PD 150 done by Chipped UK about 9 months/13000 miles ago and I'm more than happy with it. I was one of the few that got the original intro offer got it done for £150, what a bargain heh. Nothing gone wrong on car since, service was friendly etc. Only thing I had at the time was I got the airbag light on, but I'm guessing that's just cos I was one of the first, cos noone more recently has mentioned it. That's as honest as I can be. As for 55bhp added, I can't say. I'm not gonna make wild claims about beating M3's etc, but the difference is definately very noticeable. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Would highly recommend, they done mine through an irish dealer, they have knocked a second off my 60-100 , mine now has 220bhp and heres the graph.

Posted Image

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Flippin eck. Pretty impressive. I've been quote an increase up to 210bhp. Don't know if I'll need uprated brakes, clutch, exhaust and diverter valve for that amount of power.

Russ

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hey, I had my PD 150 done by Chipped UK about 9 months/13000 miles ago and I'm more than happy with it. I was one of the few that got the original intro offer got it done for £150, what a bargain heh. Nothing gone wrong on car since, service was friendly etc. Only thing I had at the time was I got the airbag light on, but I'm guessing that's just cos I was one of the first, cos noone more recently has mentioned it. That's as honest as I can be. As for 55bhp added, I can't say. I'm not gonna make wild claims about beating M3's etc, but the difference is definately very noticeable. Hope that helps.
You will get the air bag light come on as they take out the fuse for the fuel pump which apparently is the same one as srs, this is done to stabalise the power used whilst the remap is being programmed in. My light was on but i just simply reset it at work, although Chipped uk should sort it for you at no extra cost.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Only thing I had at the time was I got the airbag light on
Fuse 11 needs to be removed ,, to disable the instrument cluster (central diagnositc unit).

K-line from the Engine ECU is normaly connected to the instrument cluster then to the OBD port.

Pulling the fuse enables direct acsess to the engine ECU from the OBD port and therefore by-passing the instrument cluster on the way.

And yes all tuners will reset any lamps after the work is done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
*screams* ahhhh. Lol, I know that and obviously I just went and got it reset, but I was just giving an honest account of what happened. At the time it didn't get reset by Chipped was all I was saying. There was no issue about it and they even offered to send me up VAGcom to put it right myself, but I like to give a completely honest account.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts