Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all before I start, I would like to personally say a big thankyou to Jay at chippeduk for all the hard work and effort he put into my car yesterday cos it was a pig. THANKYOU JAY

Right, I saw Jay's ad in the tech section reguarding a re-map for ?150!! yes That is cheap, for this price I was asked to carry out an independent review of my car's performance before and after.

I decided to call him up and we spoke for a while reguarding my car and I decided to give it a go, Now your all probably wondering why I would let someone re-map my car who I have no knowledge or background of. Well I would reply that it was just something about the way he was talking and explaining things to me that put my mind at ease.

The next day I drove to his place, once there he started to connect to my car using the OBD port with the lap-top, OH NO the OBD port wasn't allowing Jays laptop to gain access, so the only option was to remove the ECU by hand, which I must say was a nightmare, and I mean a nightmare, but i'll give credit where its due and Jay cracked on and we finally removed the ECU, then Jay began to Re-map the chip, once this was done we put the car back together and we took it for a blast down the carriage way and all I can say is WOW! and again WOW! one more time WOW!!! the car was so much responsive, it pulled so much I was spinning in 1st, 2nd, 3rd I just couldn't belive it. Jay then proceeded to explain that the car would get better as I drove it because the MAF would adapt after a while and produce even more power!! and sure enough after 150 miles back the car was even better than when it left. I am truely amazed by what this man has done to my car and I would recommend his software to anybody on this forum and other forum's come to mention it.

I had a standard 1.8T agu a K&N 571 filter running approx 150bhp, I now have a car that can outsprint a Civic type R all the way to 140 and some (belive me i have this morning) and its all thanks to chippeduk

If any body wishes to contact me then please feel free to E-mail me

Michael

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
sounds a good deal and he seems to no what he is doing. but spinning in 3rd and 4th in a agu is a bit optimistic [:S]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I had a standard 1.8T agu a K&N 571 filter running approx
150bhp, I now have a car that can outsprint a Civic type R all the way
to 140 and some (belive me i have this morning)
Absolute rubbish.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thing is, you havent had another map on your car so cant really say how good it is, its obviousley going to be better than standard...
thats the way i see it. but for the money i would be botherd if it wasnt top notch

·
Registered
436 Posts
yeah bargain for generic map,we all know your talkin rubbish and friend of his,wish mine kept wih type r and spin in every gear,ive had mine taken off as was runnin terrible, and to be honest most people wil know that someone who comes on this site begging for business aint doin very well, i wish i took him up on money back offer to but it back standard rather than paying vw but least car is safe,im liking how you caps lock the technical stuff OBD ECU.LOL

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The road was damp, but belive me its true!
my car wont even spin in 3rd in the pouring rain and its 212bhp which will be more than your chippeduk agu. i may be wrong but to me this sound like a business selling advert and a setup. from what has been said in the post and even how it has been titled it sounds like an avert for chippeduk.

may be wrong?!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
he might have budget ditch finder tyres mind
next you will be telling us you put oil on your tyres, you wont spin in 4th no way what so ever in your agu, and i very much doubt 3rd too. your prob pushing 200bhp at the most and i wish i could spin every time in 3rd!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am certainly not a friend of jays, all I did was write a review on what I experienced, Your very quick to judge somebody you dont even know, He is hardly begging for work, the man runs a business that he wants to promote and the best way to do that is word of mouth. I may not of had a remap on me car before hand but I know what a fast car feels like and mine feels very fast indeed. If you dont belive it or dont like it you know what you can do?

·
Registered
658 Posts
You guys are very sceptical but i would like to point out a few things.

I am not someone knew to the game, i am on of the UK`s Biggest bmw tuner and although not VW it takes good work and quality service to get to where we are.

I spent 6 hours on this car yesterday and still charged the fee of ?150 as a review price without trying to bump up the price like many others would if there was a fault with the car.

It was very damp and foggy here but the car span the wheels in 3rd with ease (just as smm20-v-t car did when ged mapped it)

Our work is second to none and we will go to ANY indipendant rolling road to prove ourself agains any of our competitors.

We use the worlds leading hardware and software and not the cheaper brands like many other tuners.

We offer a full money back guarantee on all work carried out and our customer service is excelent.

I would like to point out though that your forum member smm20-v-t is a crook who tried to blackmail us and rip us off to which we have every email and pm he sent us.

Putting that behind us, we continue to offer great service at the best prices and will do the pre99 for ?250 and post99 for ?225 fitted.

Again, if your not 100% happy there is no charge.

We NEVER take the money before you have taken a test drive and are 100% happy just like all of our customers.

Also, the suggestion that some of you guys would question the honesty of your own forum member is over the top in my eyes, the bloke drove a round trip of over 350 miles and waited 6 hours and comes on here only to be called a liar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why you so keen to knock Jay and chippeduk, I know you tried to blackmail him and it failed but that aint no excuse to keep kicking him, he offers a quality service for a good price, so whats the problem

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.