Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
As is posted everywhere for all to see.

I was a well established member with no trading history problems for years untill i worked with brian sartin and got ripped off by a company in blackpool.

I had 2 issues, 1 with turbo chargers and 1 with gearbox`s.

I paid everyone back within 3 weeks and yet even 7 years later people bring it up.

I could of closed the business up but i didnt, i paid everyone.

by the way, the company who fecked me over were a competitor and it was a setup.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
[:D][:D][:D]

Smilies aimed @ Gary's comment, but feel free to have a couple anyway ChippedUK for sticking around in the face of adversity lol!! [;)]

Can't really work out why people seem bent on disrepecting you and your company, but i will say it does show that you would probably stick around in the event of any customer problems as i'd have been long gone by now mate.... [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Here here..... I could name AMD as bad tuners... from what i have seen
and heard.... but alot of what I have seen on chippedUK is not half as
bad

·
Registered
918 Posts
Customer service.

The old adage that 'The customer is always right' is a load of b*lls.

When things go wrong - and they can do through no malicous intent - people react in two ways. The first way is to say what are you going to do about it? Give you a chance to do it. Then walk away happy. The other reaction is to constantly demand more and more because they have been wrong and will be traumatised for life.

This second reaction comes from a person I like to call Ar**h*le. They can be young or old but all feel they are entitled to something more than they initially paid for.

It seems to me that a lot of complaints have been levied towards Chipped UK. Complaints that he has accepted and explained his version of events, and explained how he proposed to resolved them. And, as the ridiculous mid week thread shows, that if people are not happy with the results he tries to make restituion. Even one of the guys on the Ford thread above said he replaced the chip that didn't work no probs.

I do think we should lay off Chipped. After all, one our forum members is very happy with his remap and another was shown to be blantently lying to get something for nothing. Anyone who has an ounce of business sense knows that you are going to get complaints and some people won't be satisfied. It's how you deal with these that counts and I think Chipped has dealt excellently with them.

If he was as terrible as it would appear he would not be trading. People slag of BMW drivers but they demand good service and quality. If they don't get it they go elsewhere.

My final point is this. When people feel they have been wronged - they winge, complain and demand satisfaction (very Edwardian) alot. People are rarely so enthusiastic when it comes to praising good service or products.

I know this is not how the thread was going but I didn't get a chance to say it mid week.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My problems have always been down to price.

Other companies hate the fact i charge what i do and its been the same since i started.

I charge what i think is a fair price.

Lets take the 150hp vw diesel, some people charge over 600 for this remap, i charge 250.

obviously i have heavy investment in my equipment but the way i see it is if i sell at an affordable price more people will have it done.

i could sell at 600 and maybe do 1 car a week.

i sell at 250 and do 3 a day so it makes business sence to charge what people can afford to spend.

I have 6 forum members cars booked in over sunday and next week so i would expect some reviews then and hopefully if all goes well (i know it will) you will have 100% unbiased reviews for you to make your mind up,

when i joined the bmw forums 3 years ago my name was mud, the people from the ford days made sure of that but instead of changing my name i kept it and i was given a chance and a quick search will verify thousands of happy customers.

another point mentioned above is related to feedback.

if i do 100 cars maybe 10 will post on forums and tell others so thats around a 1 in 10 strike rate.

if i do a car where a customer is unhappy in any way you can bet your house on the fact that everyone of them would post as much agro as possible so feedback isnt always as simple as it seems.

i think in the many hindreds of bmw`s ive done there has been maybe 3 complaints so the strike rate is excelent and if a customer is ever unhappy i will at every time satisfy them fully with either refund or help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
obviously i have heavy investment in my equipment but the way i see it is if i sell at an affordable price more people will have it done.
Bingo !!!

Exactly why i WILL be using ChippedUK when im ready....

im all for this sort of dealer... .. its very much the same in all business ... if you sell a similar product half the price youll get the lions share .. and by the looks of it ChippedUK it getting more and more on his side , had me from the start !

best regards APS

20/01/06 = 4 new tyres / cambelt kit / waterpump / 12000 mile service = skint [au]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Bingo !!!

Exactly why i WILL be using ChippedUK when im ready....

im all for this sort of dealer... .. its very much the same in all business ... if you sell a similar product half the price youll get the lions share .. and by the looks of it ChippedUK it getting more and more on his side , had me from the start !

best regards APS

20/01/06 = 4 new tyres / cambelt kit / waterpump / 12000 mile service = skint [au]
you been watching too much bridget jones :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
EDIT: UNABLE TO REMOVE THIS AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED GOING INTO DETAIL BUT I'LL NEVER USE HIM AGAIN

Hope to be meeting Jayson next week in Glasgow for a remap of my 320d.

I agree with a lot of what mk1fan said. Company's f*ck up every now and again and its imposible to please everyone but it's how well problems get resolved that are important. Its very easy as a customer to get really wound up when something goes wrong but you need all the facts before acting as more often than not it was an error as oposed to a deliberate rip off.

I had a major hassle with a dealer up here after they damaged my car, probably still in the forum history. I went MENTAL at them but only after I had tried the calm approach which was not getting anywhere, the manager had a serious customer service labotomy and I had to really try my best not to drag him down the street and give him a pasting. Ended up going thru VW uk and got the work rectified but I was livid at them for saying it was a goodwill gesture!! That was assuming I was getting something for nothing. I pointed out that fixing your own damage is not goodwill its simply common courtesy. I also pointed out that I had already made it clear that I was not complaining in order to get a freebie and that had they offered anything I would take it as an insult to my integrity!

I also believe being completely honest with customers helps. I used to deal a lot with customer inspectors in a previous job and could see my bosses filling them with lies just to keep them happy. Always ended up blowing up in their face and most inspectors ended up asking for me as they knew I'd be realistic.

So nobody's perfect. If Jayson paid back all those Ford people then thats worth a few brownie points as most would have taken the cash and filed for bankruptcy.

I expect as chipped uk get more dealers around the country then the service is bound to only get better. Glad to see there's going to be one up here[:)]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bridget Jones ?

Huhh ?

Sorry not with you , Havent seen any of the films ... [:'(] .. more lookin forward to Underworld ( summat about Kate in PVC [:p] )

so anyway ... when will you be in cheshire ?

maybe can work out a deal ? [;)]

best regards APS

20/01/06 = 4 new tyres / cambelt kit / waterpump / 12000 mile service = skint [li]

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have replied to you mate.

also, for the people who like to slate.

i just got back from the rolling road day at gforce organised by the bmw forums and got the highest power figures ever recorded from the 2.8 and 4.4

i know there not vw but just thought id mention it :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.