Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Looks good, have you ever had it on the rollers elsewhere for a comparrison?  Did you get a before and after done or just after?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Its a damn well excellent figure!!
I fully agree as long as its repeatable on other rollers.
Yer, understand where your coming from.

Like going to heinz and asking them to test which beans are the best! [:)]

As it stands though, this is very good, bogstandard (not a very good name now eh!) hows the car feel?

·
Registered
658 Posts
We were also shocked at the results however on inspection of the original file this car was indeed running on the dme/software code of the 150hp engine of 979/171

This then becomes a very realistic result.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It was apparently running 195/65 15 tyres which are PD130 std, whereas the PD150s are 205/55 16s. Sounds very odd if it had PD150 code in it. What was the ecu code?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
We were also shocked at the results however on inspection of the original file this car was indeed running on the dme/software code of the 150hp engine of 979/171

This then becomes a very realistic result.
So when you found the 150 software installed you then tuned it as a PD150?

·
Registered
558 Posts
How can a 130 run 150 software?  Surely the fact that the injectors and air intake are different would upset the running?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
How can a 130 run 150 software? Surely the fact that the injectors and air intake are different would upset the running?
It can run in 150 software, the ecu is the same but just the software, once again the 130 injectors are the same as the 150 injectors as is the entire engine, the turbo is different along with the intercooler so i would imagine if it was chipped as a 150 the smoke must be serious.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Great figures, blah blah blah....

Just get it on a dyno that measures power at the wheels.... sure there's still scope for error, but its greatly reduced and more reliable!

Arnt we getting tired of speculating whether figures are real or not with regards to calculating alleged 'transmission losses'????

(this isn't a dig purely at this thread by the way)

And as for running the 150 code, although its not a massive deal in one sense.... is that not a little unprofessional or dangerous considering the extra strain the hardware will be under now? Surely its gonna be reducing the life of it, regardless of whether the code was on there from stock.... AND I'd be coming knocking for a refund if something went bang if it was my car that had been tuned in such a way....

my 2p

·
Registered
658 Posts
we made this file off the original live so doesnt matter in the sence that many tuners use a generic file.

This was written specifically to this car.

·
Registered
990 Posts
That torque figure is pure Hollywood.

I guarantee if the car is put on another dyno the figures will be more realistic (ie less than 300lbs/ft). I've had my car on a Dimsport Dyno Race dyno, and it also showed a torque figure some 30lbs/ft more than the one I normally use.

Dastek in Fife make the most accurate dyno's in the world. You can run your car on different days and you'll never get a difference of more than 1bhp.

I've seen differences of up to 10bhp on the same dyno on different days, and that is one that's supposed to be accurate.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Dastek in Fife make the most accurate dyno's in the world. You can run your car on different days and you'll never get a difference of more than 1bhp.
Thats a bold statement and one which any dyno could not possibly live up to.
Also who said its the most accurate dyno in the world? Personal opinion, independant testing body or Dastek's website?

Love the Hollywood comment, made me smile [:D]

1 - 20 of 88 Posts