Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used these for a remap ??

I have been quoted ?150 for a generic remap, from a dealer of Chipped UK. The price is low due to apparent low overheads.

?200 for a live map ?? Do you need a live remap, for a stage 1 car ?? and has anyone used ChippedUK or a dealer of. They say the guy can do a decent job on the car and he seems genuine enough.

Also, what are the consequences of a poorly done remap, can the car be reverted back to standard if your not happy with it ??

Lots of questions I know, so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Im shocked at such a low price but i have no control over that.

I can confirm that any dealers of Chipped UK LTD offer superb remaps written specifically for each application and come with full warrenty and are of the highest quality.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Has anyone had the chance to compare a Chipped uk map against say Upsolute or Revo? I would be interested to know if there is a difference

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had the Revo trial and have to say, I was well impressed with the cars performance, I have had this guy confirmed as a dealer by Chipped UK and therefore any map will be covered by a warranty.

So the choice I have is a simple one. Revo @?399 + VAT

Or, a independant ChippedUK dealer @?150-?200 all in. ?

However, I wouldn't want to jeopardise a ?7K car for the sake of a couple of hundred quid, hence I would like to hear from a 'happy' customer. However, the ChippedUK guys seem to have their act together and according the the website they have a lot of experience, so as long as the work is warrantied, I am more than happy to go ahead with their remap and let you know what I think afterwards. At the end of the day, what is the worst that can happen...I will have to revert back to a standard map.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got a ChippedUK remap and I am very pleased with it. If you don't like it they can put the standard map back on no problem. But you will :)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Bogstandard ![;)]

I have another happy customer by PM also, so I am more than happy to proceed. As I have said to the other chap, I cant see how Revo, etc can justify their high prices for a stage 1 generic remap ?? Anyone ??

·
Registered
573 Posts
Anyone used these for a remap ??

I have been quoted ?150 for a generic remap, from a dealer of Chipped UK. The price is low due to apparent low overheads.

?200 for a live map ?? Do you need a live remap, for a stage 1 car ?? and has anyone used ChippedUK or a dealer of. They say the guy can do a decent job on the car and he seems genuine enough.

Also, what are the consequences of a poorly done remap, can the car be reverted back to standard if your not happy with it ??

Lots of questions I know, so thanks in advance.
wow, that is good, i will have mine done at that price, where is the dealer? is that price stanard price or is he doing it as a special offer..?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will let you know where after I have booked my appointment..[:p]

Don't want him to be fully booked now do I.[;)]

·
Registered
650 Posts
That's a brilliant price for a remap, but make sure you tell him you have had the Revo trial as I think he will encounter problems unless he knows beforehand.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a brilliant price for a remap, but make sure you tell him you have had the Revo trial as I think he will encounter problems unless he knows beforehand.
Why do you say that ??

·
Registered
354 Posts
Because most tuners can't or won't remap over another tuners trial or remap, they flash it back to stock before they put their map on. It's good procedure.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the car not in stock mode after the trial ? I realise the Revo code will still be on the chip in a seperate bank, but cannot it not simply be written over, since the chip is a EPROM ?

On another note, what is stopping a clever micro-programmer, reverting the car back to the Revo trial on a permanent basis ?? [;)]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the car not in stock mode after the trial ? I realise the Revo code will still be on the chip in a seperate bank, but cannot it not simply be written over, since the chip is a EPROM ?
The car will run stock REVO code,, slightly different to the standard code on a non REVO ecu, hence why most tuners need to reprogram the ecu to remove the REVO totaly.

Yes it can be rewriten since the Eeprom is reflashable. info is also stored in another chip in the ECU, but as long as the new tuner knows about it it can also be reverted back to stock, but the car will run with only 1 of the Eeproms reporgrammed.

On another note, what is stopping a clever micro-programmer, reverting the car back to the Revo trial on a permanent basis ?? [;)]
Nothing realy if you know what to change/edit :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts