Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't comment on the actual remap as it hasn't been done, due to the number of cancellations by them.

After having 3 half days off work and waiting around today and them not turning up I have had to call it a day and say I don't want it doing by this sort of company who have left me disappointed, out of pocket and wasted some of the weekend.

After initially speaking to the person who seemed very helpfully and clued up, I booked in for a remap on my 1.8T. But an hour before he was due to come I got a phone call saying the person who was coming with him wasn't available so I rearranged for the day after, which I thought fair enough. The next day came and I got another phone call an hour before saying he can't get intouch with the other bloke, but we could rearrange again and for the inconvenience he would give me a discount to £200 all in, which I thought thats great, he also confirmed that he was going to drive and pick up the part he needs to perform the remap so he can definitely do it friday or saturday.

Saturday comes, so I ring to make sure he's definitely still coming and I get no answer, so I left a few messages. But I didn't get a response so kept on ringing back and not getting an answer, so I decided to ring off my Girlfriends phone and at my surprise he answers straight away, he was very shocked to her it was me and said the part has still not come! but he said he was driving to pick it up himself, then I realised he had been lying to me the whole time so I told him I no longer want it doing.

How can you trust a company that lies to you which made me think is there software really as good as they say?!?!?!?

I can't understand how a professional company can act so unprofessional, I would have understood if at first he had told me he needed a part that would take a week to come and arranged an appropriate date for the remap, as I was aware on the 1999 models you have to remove the ECU to bench flash it. But the fact of the matter is he didn't tell me and I wasted my time and holidays only to be let down!

Anyway rant over, My advise would be stay away from Chipped UK

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes very very poor service, pay a bit more and get the job done right.

I had mine done at (jbs)custom code, james and sarah ,when she as there were very friendly, remap was a lot though, just a bit more than revo etc.

But im well happy with it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would advise you to contact Jayson on here - I'm sure he'll be miffed about his dealers customer service skills since his are so good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have actually replied to your other thread in my dealer section.

I must stress that at no time have you contacted me with an issue, you simply used a dealer i write files for and if you were going to post on an open forum it may have been "wise" to at least call me first letting me know you had an issue.

The thread makes it look like we let you down when in fact we never.

You didnt even give me the chance to find out why there was an issue with the york dealer.

As per the other thread, i have offered you a free remap as compensation for this problem and hope you accept this in the good terms it has been offered but at the same time i really do hope that if in future anyone has an issue they do me the courtesy of contacting me first.

Mapping cars i find easy.

Reading minds is something i havent quite mastered.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Mapping cars i find easy.

Reading minds is something i havent quite mastered.
That made me smile somewhat [:)]

Thats a fine offer you've made Jayson, the OP would be mad to turn it down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for you comments, but I have wrote an apology to Jayson on the above matter in the chipped uk forum. Due to me letting frustation taking over and blaming the wrong person! Sorry again Jayson

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think that the customer service that Jason has offered her is spot on.

You would not get that from any other remap company!!!

I'm sorry that i did not get my car re-maped by him.

Top man.

Joolstdi

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I would recommend them, as they extracted and extra 22bhp out of my car with my hybrid turbo set up and knocking a second off my 60-100, mine was done through the irish dealer and was always there to answer questions etc, i even got a map off then for a passat and got it the same day via email.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Actually the OP is right in blaming Chipped UK for the issues - afterall they chose their agent and their agent is representing Chipped UK. However, the gesture made by Chipped UK is a fine one and far above what many other companies would offer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Actually the OP is right in blaming Chipped UK for the issues - afterall they chose their agent and their agent is representing Chipped UK. However, the gesture made by Chipped UK is a fine one and far above what many other companies would offer.
That wasnt the point i was talking about.

I was not upset that the person was upset with a dealer of mine as this is a valid point and one i will sort out.

My argument was that if you feel there is a problem with me or one of my employees i personally feel it a better choice to contact me about it so i may put this right and it doesnt happen again.

As it turns out the customer is booked in for this work and will be 100% satisfied.

Hopefully he wont be looking over my shoulders as i perform the upgrade like some customers do ;)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread.

I can't speak highly enough of the guys at ChippedUK (HQ)in Bromsgrove. Jayson sorted me out in a similar fashion after my Revo trial woes.

Top blokes.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Aye, if you get problems it's always best to give the supplier or seller a chance to rectify it. Genuine mistakes do happen.

·
Registered
354 Posts

I can't speak highly enough of the guys at ChippedUK (HQ)in Bromsgrove. Jayson sorted me out in a similar fashion after my Revo trial woes.

Top blokes.
That's slightly unfair comment about Revo trial woes, as we weren't responsible for another tuner being unable to flash a non-protected ecu and we offered to flash the ecu back to stock for you.

However top marks to Jayson for customer service!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jayson is a top bloke if I had realised he was the owner in the first place I would have contaced him, and this mess would probably near happened, but instead I let the frustration get the better of me.

And I definitly trust him to sort out the problem I had with the independant dealer, who im still a little p*ssed off with.

Jayson, i'll try not to look over shoulder when your doing my car but no promises im a nosey bugger. Also Jayson just sent you an email from my work address.

Phil

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

Top blokes.
That's slightly unfair comment about Revo trial woes, as we weren't responsible for another tuner being unable to flash a non-protected ecu and we offered to flash the ecu back to stock for you.

However top marks to Jayson for customer service!
My apologies Mike, you are entirely correct, I wasn't intending to slag Revo. Poor choice of words !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts