Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sick of having chiken friend rice or special curry and fancy a chinese tonight, so actually looked through their menu.

Now, I aint got a clue what Foo Young is (chicken one) and chop suey. Anyone care to enlighten me before I ruin my meal which I'm looking forward to and end up with some horrid stuff on my plate!

It's one of those cases where you never try anything different, and tonight I want to!

Anyone have any reccomendations, and ideas of what the above are!?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Go for BBQ Spare Ribs and Chips [y] you cant go wrong.

Not sure what the others are, im not that experimental. Be sure to put pics up....there has been a lack of food pictures lately. now wheres Shiuming

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mmmmm

Foo Young - Think lots of egg and beansprouts

Chop suey - Mmmm - think loverly sauce and again beansprouts !!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Chicken or Beef in Blackbean sauce

General Tso's Chicken

Crispy Seaweed

Lemon Chicken

Chicken Foo Yung

Chicken and Mushroom Curry

I'm soooo hungry...

·
Registered
621 Posts
You have just got to try salt and pepper spare ribs[:D], the ones from our local Chinese are fantastic, then again I've never had anything but great food from them.[Y]

Satay, green pepper and black bean dishes are real nice too.

But as everything, each to thier own.

Hope you order something you enjoy.

Carl

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yeh,

Love the chicken in blackbean sauce to !

Also (excuse spelling) Schezuan Shredded Beef and Carrot in glazed chillie sauce, in fact most Schezuan dishes.... Mmmm.

Hot and Sour Soup..... Mmmm.

The eggy beansprout stuff ...Mmmm

Those battered bo-llock things with sweet and sour sauce.... Mmmm

and of course

(not a racist comment / label but a genuine term of endearment)... You can't beat chips from the ****** !!

Oh, and a carrier bag size bag of prawn crackers !!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Foo Young is egg based, like scramled egg and chow mein is noodle based, which is lush!

Try the 'house' style chow mein, also like lemon chicken, kung po chicken is also good, a bit like sweet and sour but with a kick, also beef in black bean sauce, it's all good! [Y]

Let us know what you deide to experiment with and enjoy! [:D]

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Chop Suey is actually just thowing a few types of veg in (normally onions / carrots / bean sprouts cos they're all cheap) cooking it with some meat (chicken / beef / etc) and making sure it has plenty of water to make it "saucy".

anyone can do that really! u don't even need a wok.

Try the Kung Po type dishes if u don't mind slightly "hot" stuff. a few chilli's gets thrown in but its lovely.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right, I ordered:

Chicken Foo Yung & Chicken Fried Rice as a backup!

The foo yung was actually very nice, just a big omelette basically with onion and beansprouts in it. The fried rice is now in the fridge, will do for tommorow! Glad I tried it. I think next on the list will be the lemon chicken. Blackbean sauce I have tried before, not a big fan. The other, scheezan (whatever its called) also sounds interesting!

For once I have tried something different. I'm the same with the indian, always chicken korma as I know I like it! Obviously with a couple of naans and no rice!

Do like a kick, so will go for the kung po dishes at some time. I don't like the other beef dishes though, I've always found the beef and pork to be quite rubbery, at any chinese, maybe just the way they cook it.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have just got to try salt and pepper spare ribs[:D], the ones from our local Chinese are fantastic, then again I've never had anything but great food from them.[Y]

Satay, green pepper and black bean dishes are real nice too.

But as everything, each to thier own.

Hope you order something you enjoy.

Carl
I have a problem with spare ribs. You get ribs, and no meat!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it, nothing worse than when you try something new and don't like it!

Def got to go for Kung Po and lemon chicken next time! [:p]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you enjoyed it, nothing worse than when you try something new and don't like it!

Def got to go for Kung Po and lemon chicken next time! [:p]
Exactly, why I had to get fried rice as a backup just incase! Will probably try the kung po next time for the extra kick! Probably next weekend.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
We've got a Chinese buffet restaurant in Worcester - £9.90 and you can eat as much as you like from the 50 or so dishes. Great place to go for trying new things!

I'd quite happily pay the £9.90 just to eat Crispy Aromatic Duck all night!

As you've found out, Foo Yung is egg-based, and like the others have said Chop Suey is basically stir-fried veg!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you guys and girls like chinese food u really have to go to a proper restaurant that does "dim sum".

This is basically (for us anyway) breakfast / lunch.

And it is fantastic and soo different to what u get in a buffet type place or take away.

I go to one in MK every 2 weeks. Me and my sister take turns in paying lol.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Go for BBQ Spare Ribs and Chips [y] you cant go wrong.

Not sure what the others are, im not that experimental. Be sure to put pics up....there has been a lack of food pictures lately. now wheres Shiuming
i love this not very, chinese i know

other sea spice pork is very nice too.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Chinese is my fav food go regularly with a couple of chinese mates. We go to this restaraunt that servers a special menu after 11.30pm. Its loads of little dishes like baby octopus, chicken feet, chinese dumblings, shark fin to name but a few.

You have to try Plum Duck its proper gorg definately me favorite dish.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts