Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes but check out the spec; 3-door diesel DSG (??) weird red interior! How would you insure this car if it does not conform to a UK spec? I guess they are in effect, grey imports (but may have Certificates of Conformity). They certainly are cheap at just over ?15k for the GT 2.0 TDI

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes but check out the spec; 3-door diesel DSG (??) weird red interior! How would you insure this car if it does not conform to a UK spec? I guess they are in effect, grey imports (but may have Certificates of Conformity). They certainly are cheap at just over ?15k for the GT 2.0 TDI
So what market do you think they were intended for ?

Puzzling.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Can we not get the red trim in the UK ? I guess the cars are something like cyprus spec (I think the wheel is on the right) I seem to remember thats were companies like motorpoint get theres from. You can insure them, you just need to delcare they are an import, companies will cover them just at an extra cost.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Do the new UK spec 'big bumper' GTs not have red seats now? I thought they did.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All the Golfs on that page are petrol.
They are now (the TDI models have just been removed from the page). Comment still stands though - you sadly cannot buy an 'official' UK non GTI petrol DSG Golf

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just returned from Bob Gerard Ltd and bought a golf gt tsi with 2 zone climate and leather for ?16250. Picking up at weekend will post some photos. They had 5 golf gt's in last week when i first spotted advert now down to 2 - so selling like hot cakes.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any idea where they source them? Did they explain the situation regarding the spec? I would have gone to see them but at the end of the day most of the cars are very obviously non UK specification (non GTI 3 door DSG cars, red seats, strange sat nav unit etc). They do look like they have really goofed on the specs, but presumably by mistake - it may be a good idea to be 100% sure of what you are buying. If you are getting a leather interior then at least you do not have to worry about the red upholstery (unless its red leather?).

Pity really, the silver 170 with the 2-zone, xenons and DSG would have suited me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They came from belgum.

I have been studying the uk standard spec for a couple of days, just so i knew what i was letting myself in for. I have also been on vw germany web site and they have loads more extras options than we have. The front fog lights are extra cost option in germany?

I drove the black dsg car in the photo with red seat trim. Looks bad in the photo but nice in the flesh. Their digi cam must pick out the red too much. And they still have a silver dsg with 2 zone under 16k. Did not see that car as it was in the compound and they need some notice to get them out. Might not even have red seats.

I must say i enloyed driving the dsg and maybe should have gone for one. Too late now.

My car appears to be uk spec except for the seats! They are anthracite leather sides with alcantara nappa dark gray panels- heated. Will post a photo. Thay are of course on the german web site but not uk. I likes car, seats and price. Was going to sleep on it but they were getting calls for the golfs, decided not to risk loosing it and paid my money.

They get batches of 8 to 10 in from time to time, so it might be an idea to keep an eye on the web site.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I suppose if you like the car (and the price is right, which it is) you just go for it anyway (but be ready to get a very low part-ex offer if you ever trade in).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
but if you buy it cheap because its an import then you expect a low PX when you sell. Although VW do sell imports as they crop up on the used car search. I must say half leather with alcantara centre sections sound very nice, much better than the full leather.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And they still have a silver dsg with 2 zone under 16k. Did not see that car as it was in the compound and they need some notice to get them out. Might not even have red seats.
That one had xenons too but the seats were red. The leather & alcantara sounds nice.

·
Registered
809 Posts
They came from belgum.

My car appears to be uk spec except for the seats! They are anthracite leather sides with alcantara nappa dark gray panels- heated. Will post a photo. Thay are of course on the german web site but not uk. I likes car, seats and price. Was going to sleep on it but they were getting calls for the golfs, decided not to risk loosing it and paid my money.
That's why I thought UK GTs had red seats then - the only pictures I've seen of the interiors have been on Volkswagen.de

1 - 20 of 24 Posts