Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
You got my vote and my wife loves the trim!

just got her a passat 1.8T estate and would like to know what sort of money to re-trim that and my MK4 golf?[:D]

Andy

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
nice project you've got there going! As per other's comments, love the retrim! [Y]

One thing i would say though, centralise the number plate, and maybe go back to the original lights. These ones look too clear imo. But its all personaly preference. [:)]

·
Registered
936 Posts
dude your car looks awesome, always liked the new bug's, loving the quality of your work aswel.

You mentioned you discovered Meg's Clay, have you been over to DetailingWorld, the guys on there will take your paintwork to another level, alot of tips to get your car looking gleaming. I'd certainly recommend checking it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers ,the number plate has gone altogether now that ive got the new bumper on!although i love asymetrical stuff and i have some u.s spec lights going on when the rear bumper gets fitted ,as ive never been sure about the rears myself, i was going to tint them yello ,but they are abit too lexus looking ,so they are going!!!

yes ive seen the detailing site.to be honest im not big into cleaning cars much except for shows, as its a daily driver and certainly gets 'driven'[;)],although i have to get it up to scratch soon as it going on the meguiars stand at ultimate dubs next year,which is a bit scary ,so im on a mission to get it finished and looking the dogs

cheers for the comments folks its nice to get some feedback

dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to be honest, alot of time and effort but not much money,as i try to barter/swap on all my jobs with like minded people who have a trade to swap!!

so none of the bodyshop work has been paid for ,as the painter has a porsche that ive re trimmed,also the mechanic i use also now has a retrimmed car,i think the only thing ive paid full whack for were the coilovers!!

so if anyone on here has a trade to offer or parts to swap and wants a retrim/trimming work,im ya man..ha ha

cheers

dan

·
Registered
643 Posts
Really nice project Dan - looks fantastic!

Seen your posts over on newbeetle.org.uk - just joined up there myself as got the better half a NB - don't think it will be going through quite as much as yours though!

·
Registered
504 Posts

Looks amazing in this pic, suits these wheels much better that your others and also looks like the car oxford edtion should have built...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow thanks alot people,im glad you approve still got a long way to go,but getting there a bit at a time!!

thanks gavin thats appreciated as i really rate the ox ed bug ,it has had a fantastic amount of work put into it and is a real benchmark along with vicki and grahams black cup kitted car on the new beetle scene

cheers folks keep having a look as i update regularly

dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well my bug has changed quite a bit since I last updated and I've gone and got a mkv gt tdi 4 motion now too ( pics of that to follow )

from this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

so last summer I stripped all the carrera panamericana decals off the car and have had it painted an1950s old beetle colour called pastel green

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

have now also sold the Porsche Rs style buckets and the fuchs wheels and am fitting some recaro colour coded nomex buckets and need to find some tasty rimmage!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/porschetrimr/311f61b7.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/porschetrimr/80faf851.jpg

my latest full build thread

http://www.evvo.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15764

1 - 20 of 22 Posts