Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests I am about to order and ipod 30Gb

The best price I can find is ?189.99 which is from Amazon. anyone know if they are cheaper any where else?

J.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add it's a present for the father in law as he is 60 next tuesday and he wants an Ipod and only an Ipod!

J.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The absolute cheapest is ?149.99

http://www.reporo.com/think4.jsp

You have to download a Java app to your phone, and then using that you surf to the Think4 site and pick up an Ipod/Nano etc.. at the special introductory price. I got my Ipod 30gb Video last week for ?149.99 so this company is definitely legit.

Good luck,

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts

You have to download a Java app to your phone, and then using that you surf to the Think4 site and pick up an Ipod/Nano etc.. at the special introductory price. I got my Ipod 30gb Video last week for ?149.99 so this company is definitely legit.

Good luck,

C
Well dodgy! Says in the T&C's 'Your attention is drawn particularly to clause 6 and 8 and how we use your information'.

Also states information will be kept on their systems for at least 60 days if they close your account.

They WILL be making money from this somehow. Bit like the grabit network. (www.consolegrab.co.uk) etc.

·
Registered
495 Posts

Good luck,

C
Well dodgy! Says in the T&C's 'Your attention is drawn particularly to clause 6 and 8 and how we use your information'.

Also states information will be kept on their systems for at least 60 days if they close your account.

They WILL be making money from this somehow. Bit like the grabit network. (www.consolegrab.co.uk) etc.
If you're really concerned you could get a freebie O2 PAYG sim, sign up, order your Ipod and then bin the sim. I think they're trying to launch this Wap based ordering thing and just want to get people to sign up. On the bargain forums plenty of people have already received their Ipods for ?150 and nobody seems to have any complaints.. but YMMV.

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I'd give it a go myself obviously!

However, it does worry me as to what they do with your information and I can't find out what they do do with it.

Whats YMMV mean?!! [:p]

·
Registered
495 Posts
MB: I ordered on the Wednesday and it was delivered on Saturday

EJO: YMMV = Your mileage may vary i.e. thats my experience yours may be different [:D]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. I've ordered one, My credit card is about to expire, I am about to move house next thursday and my mobile is a company one so how bad can it be... Famous last words.

Graham, I;ve been looking on the site and god only knows what they do with the info. Is the warning because they shouldn't keep your records on file but they are worredi there house leeping is slakc so it may take some time to remove? Covering their backsides perhaps?

Time will tell [:D]

J.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Well they can't be selling those ipods at nearly ?50 off each one. Ok, so amazon are making a profit on ?189 but still, ?149?

They have your mobile number, address details etc etc. Got to be worth something to them to be either making absolutely zero profit or I would think, a loss.

Also, be careful, the pod's they send out could be warranty claims, returns etc etc. On ebay you can pick that same ipod up for ?125. However, it does state that these were catologue returns, manufacturer returns, refurbished or scratched models, hence the hefty discount.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it in the slightest, just saying be careful. The phones that are java enabled are also the ones people can do stuff with, the ones that are prone to viruse's etc etc. What you have actually installed on your phone could be completely legit, but I just think theres one major catch here.

Why do you HAVE to download this piece of software to get a cheap phone! Hmm!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It does seem like a very good offer so we shall have to wait and see. I'm sure there must be some law against them selling off second's without telling you?

Brain was the one you got brand new?

J.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
It does seem like a very good offer so we shall have to wait and see. I'm sure there must be some law against them selling off second's without telling you?

Brain was the one you got brand new?

J.
Half of them will still look brand new, just like a refurbished TV would look brand new. It might have had a fault and the board was changed. Refurbished don't mean it will have scratches all over it as your more than aware.

I'm not saying it is, I'm just looking at ways in which they can make a profit and you can pick them up on ebay for ?125 delivered as a refurb from Apple.

It will have been repacked etc.

I personally often by refurbs as I save a lot of money!

People are also being clever with ex demo stock and replacing cases and the exterior plastics etc and selling them as new.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So it will come in a sealed box again as new? I know refurb stuff looks new but I didn;t think they would come in new sealed packaging. Sneaky gets if that is the case.

J.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
So it will come in a sealed box again as new? I know refurb stuff looks new but I didn;t think they would come in new sealed packaging. Sneaky gets if that is the case.

J.
A lot of the stuff does yes. I recently bought a Netgear USB Print Server from ebay as refurbished.

It was in a sealed box, as you would buy it as new, with NETGEAR on the packaging. Only difference was that the box came inside another box, inside the outer box was a warranty card from netgear detailing a 90 day warranty on refurbished products.

Plus was all sealed, wires were in sealed packaging etc and the print server itself was in a sealed plastic bag inside the box.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is brand spanking new, commercial presentation box (shrink wrapped). The company Think4 are UK registered, have a call centre which you can contact and are listed on quite a few of the price comparison websites. Given that you can pick up a 30gb Video Ipod in the States for $250 I don't think this is jaw-droppingly cheap. As far as I'm concerned Apple operate a cartel... and it looks like Think4 have found a way around it (perhaps by calling it an introductory offer limited to one per household???)

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
All seems very good then, nice find mate [Y]

The one per household could be stop people putting them on ebay for a profit? Afterall, could make a profit of about ?25 on each one!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Recieved mine this morning safe and sound. Definately brand new and not recon stock. So if anyone is after a cheap Ipod these are the poeple to go to!

J.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts