Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
And he's got multiple copies on offer... my guess it's a cracked version like those floating around on the P2P networks.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
his feed back for it is very good

"perfect working"

why not

what systems dos it run on and i would need to buy the right lead wouldnt i

lex

·
Registered
159 Posts
his feed back for it is very good

"perfect working"

why not

what systems dos it run on and i would need to buy the right lead wouldnt i

lex
Runs off windows nt/2k/xp and you will need a compatible lead.. search on eBay and you will find plenty. Wouldn't recommend buying his copy because

1. It's prob. not legit and you won't get any tech support / updates etc

2. If you don't have a prob. using pirated software, then go download a copy using BitTorrent or eMule instead - why pay for it at all? Save ur money for the cable.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
well its pretty pointless actualy becuase i only have apple laptops no windows, so i've thrown that plan outs the window.

cheers

lex[Y]

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have just installed windows onto my macbook and vagcom loads, im just waiting for my cable to show up.
the cables on ebay will only work with the older vag com.
you have to have an intel mac to run bootcamp so you cn run windows.
my mac feels dirty now.
cheersphil

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what extra features can you do on the proper version rather than the free version you can download from rosstech?

also is the software safe to use? can i harm my car?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sheesh! I can't believe people are gullible enough to leave positive feedback for this guy. Yes, this "crack" appears to make VAG-COM "Fully Registered / Activated". But when you actually go to use it, guess what? You've instantly got shareware again.

Don't believe me? Go ahead any waste a few quid. But please don't leave feedback until you've actually tested this "crack" on a car -- when you'll find you've been ripped off. Don't say I didn't want you..

-Uwe-

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what extra features can you do on the proper version rather than the free version you can download from rosstech?

also is the software safe to use? can i harm my car?
anyone???????

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats strange, it says that the freeware version cant scan the car for faults, Im sure ive read on this forum that you can scan for faults on the freeware version.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You can read and clear all faults from the car with the free version, you just have to do it one control module at a time. Auto-Scan (which checks every control module in the car sequentially) won't work with the free version (it stops after a few modules and asks you to register).

When you read fault codes with the free version, you'll get all the fault code numbers, but only a fraction of them will be decoded into text.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
606 Posts
Depends how many control modules are in your car. On a typical Mk.4, if you know what you're doing it might take 4 minutes instead of 3 minutes with Auto-Scan. Of course you have to do more clicking. With Auto-Scan, you click once and drink coffee while the software does the tedious part.

FWIW, Auto-Scan didn't even exist for the first 2-1/2 years that VAG-COM was available. It's a convenience, not a must-have.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
there are lots of leads on ebay saying to use the lead with 409.1 or 311.2 for free, will this work? will these downloaded versions do the autoscan? how hard is it to scan the modules individually? ive never used VAG-COM before ive seen my friend use his workshop one he just plugged it in tapped the screen a few times then it started checking everything.
Do i need the 16pin OBD plug for a Mk4?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Auto-Scan requires the full version. Registration to get the full version costs $99, or about 51 pounds at today's exchange rate.

It's not hard to scan the modules individually, it's just a bit tedious.

Yes, the Mk.4 uses a 16-pin plug.

-Uwe-

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i have just installed windows onto my macbook and vagcom loads, im just waiting for my cable to show up.

the cables on ebay will only work with the older vag com.

you have to have an intel mac to run bootcamp so you cn run windows.

my mac feels dirty now.

cheers
phil
in my powerbook i havent got the intel chip so if i was to install windows it would have to be on virtual PC which make your computer a hell of alot lower.

it broke atm in the apple shop getting fixed its gonna cost me ?400 [:(]

lex

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Auto-Scan requires the full version. Registration to get the full version costs $99, or about 51 pounds at today's exchange rate.

It's not hard to scan the modules individually, it's just a bit tedious.

Yes, the Mk.4 uses a 16-pin plug.

-Uwe-
will the full version work with a lead off ebay? i have heard that you need the genuine lead to run the latested versons
Thanks for answering my questions by the way

1 - 20 of 32 Posts