Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, its been a while since i was last on here. To keep you up to date i no longer have my Mk4 Golf it was sold last december i now have a Megane 225 sport trophy,i can say i am very pleased with it at the mo.
Anyway lets get back to the subject, right i have been thinking about purchasing a load of remaping gear from a mechanic at work (nissan) and its a nice piece of kit, but before i do i would like to see if there would be any interest from you guys to have your cars remaped, i would be able to remap any car but if you have a turbo or a diesel you will get more gains in at least 20% power, 30% torque and mpg, the price for these remaps will be ?220 and there may be discounts available for group buys.

P.S I forgot to say that the mapping software that i will be using is from Dyno Tech.

So if you are interest or if you want more info please pm me and i will get back to you asap.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
tbh mate, for a bit of kit that could do all of that it would be well into the thousands,esp when that price is round some one like rtech which is a fully rolling roaded one with full warenty etc, i think the vw market is pretty sewn up, but software that can alter every make sure cant go that in depth to the tuning per brand

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you got the wrong idea! Im offering to remap ecu's for ?220 after I buy the kit to do it, I know that the kit is not cheap.

tbh mate, for a bit of kit that could do all of that it would be well into the thousands,esp when that price is round some one like rtech which is a fully rolling roaded one with full warenty etc, i think the vw market is pretty sewn up, but software that can alter every make sure cant go that in depth to the tuning per brand

·
Leon Cupra R Beast
3,637 Posts
I'd take this as a hint NOT to go ahead with your plans...

Far too competative a market to get into, unless you are buying into a franchaise.

Jon

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd take this as a hint NOT to go ahead with your plans...

Far too competative a market to get into, unless you are buying into a franchaise.

Jon
Agreed... And if most people think like i do... cheap isn't always best.

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
And you gonna need some pretty big insurance since if it goes wrong your up sh*t creek.

I could buy a £20 remapping tool off ebay and download some remaps off the internet if I really wanted. But unless you know EXACTLY what to look for in your pre-checks of the engine, then you could make things 1000sx worse than what they are.

Plus the fact you can get custom maps from R tech who are 1 of the best out there for the same price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts