Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that works at the Reg Vardy VW garage, he's been there for a couple of years now

And after getting his feet well under the table he is starting to offer jobs on the side, cash in hand

All jobs will be done to VW standard and genuine parts used, all receipted.

If your from around the area (Leicestershire) and need some work doing just let me know.

Like to see fellow VW owners getting their monies worth.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Is his work to the same high standard as the other 'Expert trained technicians' that you will find at your local dealer [*-)]</Sarcasm>

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well put it this way mate how many problems you had with your dub cause I haven't had one yet and owned it for 16 months and he's the one maintained it.

I was actually trying to help you guys out , if you don't want it then don't bother but I don't see the point in paying ?500 for a cambelt service when he does it for ?250 and its all genuine and also your service book gets stamped

I know what I prefer

Go on mate you pay the extra ?250 for the same work!!!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
i take it then you have much trust in the guy.  I'm in need of a 70k service / cambelt/tensioner/waterpump.   Any ideas how much he would charge to do this, and when he's free

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do trust him mate

I know a few people on here now so why would I come on here and say this, as it could turn back in my face, but I know him and I know his work.

I'll let you know on a price mate, but no time wasters please as he has to price the bits up for you

it would help to have chasis numbers aswell

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If he is doing the work as a homer he shouldnt be stamping the service book with his dealers stamp..........could be in deep doo doo if he gets caught.........could may well be a breach of trading standards if you come to sell your car or if another garage sells your car

Imagine when you go to sell your car & the service book its fully stamped up with VW service but it all be done as homers by your mate.......the potential buyer may contact the dealer to check out the service history of your car & the dealer has no record of it.........potential buyer may think its dodgy & not buy your car

Or if you try to trade your car into another VW dealership & the salesman checks VW computer for record of servie history (every time a car is into a dealers for service it gets updated on VW database) & he see's no service history but a book full of stamps.........you may not get a very good price for your car

And I'm pretty sure its a breach of your mates dealership agreament which means the place where he works could be in deep doo doo aswell

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol you really think I'm that thick mate?????

Its all on the computer he takes the car in to VW and does the service there on his weekends off or after hours

Everything goes on the computer system

So therefore mate it makes no odds

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Its all on the computer he takes the car in to VW and does the service there on his weekends off or after hours

Well you never mentioned that if you earlier post so how are we suppose to know

Must be a very poorly run dealership before they're letting him do that.........or dont they know??

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was actually trying to help you guys out , if you don't want it then don't bother but I don't see the point in paying ?500 for a cambelt service when he does it for ?250 and its all genuine and also your service book gets stamped
Only joking mate, I'm sure there are some decent mechanics in the network, just the rip off prices to contend with....

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He takes mine in and I only know of one other that he takes in

I'm not sure if they know or not, doesn't bother me, all I know is everything is stamped and the computer system was up to date the last time he printed one off for me, even changed the number plate to show personnal number plate and not the original!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, i'd be very interested in his details if you can pm me. Had a friend at peugeot was allowed to do jobs for people on saturdays, but they've recently stopped it. Some very unhappy mechanics there now. Dealers know they pay badly and many let their mechanics supplement their income in this way.

·
Registered
557 Posts

Well you never mentioned that if you earlier post so how are we suppose to know

Must be a very poorly run dealership before they're letting him do that.........or dont they know??
moan moan moan. Dont use it if you dont agree.

I wish i wasnt in london otherwise i'd use your mate, even if some of the blow hards on this site cant help being holyer than thou

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke to him last night and he said for a full service this is everything with all original parts your looking around ?270 (thats a ball park figure he said hopefully he can do it a little less than that)

Think VW charge around ?400 so saving of around ?130.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
moan moan moan. Dont use it if you dont agree.

I wish i wasnt in london otherwise i'd use your mate, even if some of the blow hards on this site cant help being holyer than thou
This is a public forum & ALL of us are entitled to our opinion.........I never once said or implied that i was holyer than anyone else[:mad:]

I have no intention of using him bacause A: if you look under my user name you would see that i stay no where near & B: I work at a VW dealer & get it all done for free

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't be a very good dealership then if, I quote 'I work at a VW dealer & get it all done for free' hehehehe

End of the day mate I wrote it on here to offer people the same service they get from VW but at a cheaper price, if you work at VW why did you even bother reading this post or making comment?

·
Registered
437 Posts

Therefore he's going to get collared sooner than he thinks.

Any work put on the computer MUST be billed so somewhere there is going to be a disconnect. Do this too many times and it's just a matter of time until someone spots it.

Do you really believe that just because a mechanic puts it on the system then VW will accept that the car has service history. If so your a highly deluded. They know the system is open to abuse and the check is an invoice being raised and either discounted or paid.

Personally I don't accept service history unless (a) it's a fleet car or (b) I can see the bills. Stamp in the book means nothing.

I'd use your man if I was local though as my car is out of warranty & I'd rather get the work done by someone who will do what they're paid for.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
By the way you have worded all your post you make it sound all very dodgy..........but as you clearly do like anyone disagreeing with you then I will remember not to rely to any of your threads ever again

As i have already said this is a public forum & we are ALL entitled to our opinions..........

And also regarding your comment about me getting mine down for free..........my car is way out of warranty so it doesnt matter.........all parts are paid for by myself........its only the labour that i get for free via homers from our techs or when we are quite during working hours

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
if you work at VW why did you even bother reading this post or making comment?
Just re-read this...........so you are saying because I work at a VW dealership i have no right in reading or replying to this post because it refers to another VW dealership & one of there techs??

Get a grip..........[8o|]

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol why you getting so wound up???

You work at VW so why would this post interest you? Like you say you get all your work done cheap so it it doesn't affect you.

Like you said about my post at the start about it all going on the computer and stuff why didn't I mention it, you didn't mention that you paid for the parts, its annoying isn't it so just pointed it out.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He's a mate and has asked me to put this up, if he gets caught that his is problem mate.

For all me and you know he might be going 50 50 with the main boss I have no idea

He asked me so I did, if you think its wrong then fair play, just don't bother posting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts