Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was minding my own buisness at the pub, and as I was walking home with a few mates, some random runs out of nowhere grabs me by the throat and then shouts "you got a problem with my mate?". Before I could answer he punches me in the face. As a result I now have a cracking fat lip. How long do these take to return to normal? I've been putting ice on it every while but other than that I assume there is nothing more I can do?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sorry to hear about that mate, there are people like that everywhere who are looking for a fight. You were just unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A swollen lip wont take too long to return to normal, it's pretty bad for the first day after the punch, but you'll find it soon going down, it'll be normal by Tuesday.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I didn't even speak to the guy or attempt to hit back because it will just make things worse. My mates did witness it though and we know 'of' the guy but do you think telling the police would make things worse?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were a bit behind, but none of us are aggresive and just let things go. Seen as he's local it would have only made things worse as I would probably end up seeing him again. At least this way he can feel that hes "sorted me out" sorta thing. It all happened so fast and I was drunk but I do no it was completely unprovoked.

Have decided that I am going back to Judo this weekend though because I have just had enough of these people thinking they can get away with anything.

I look like a really stupid duck lol...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks,

I didn't even speak to the guy or attempt to hit back because it will just make things worse. My mates did witness it though and we know 'of' the guy but do you think telling the police would make things worse?
If you know who the guy was, I think you maybe should report it to the police, he may have previous convictions.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that what I was thinking but would that mean court and all that hassle? I have uni exams coming up soon and christmas hols etc and I don't really need all that right now. Also then he will probably have it in for me everytime I see him. On the other hand I would like to get the d**k nailed for it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I understand what you mean about not wanting the hassle of court etc... but if its a genuine case of him being an utter tool then as has been said before he'll probably have previous and get sentenced?

Is this out of the blue, or do you know who he is because of his "mate"? and is there a history?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was completely out of the blue, there were two of them, I have seen them around before and never had any hassle. I was standing outside the pub as it had closed and was just chatting to my friends. The first guy, about 17 I think, started shouting at me "if you've got a problem say it to my face". My mates and I just ignored him and walked off and thought nothing more, then a few minutes later this other guy (late 20's?) ran up behind me, grabbed my throat and shouted something like "you hassling my mate?" and before I could respond he punched me and I just kept walking. Although I'm not impressed I'm fairly cetain that if I see him again he will not say anything. Just makes you wonder about people nowadays....

·
Registered
119 Posts
To be honest mate and i know it might sound harsh but scrotes like this will keep on asaulting people because people like yourself do nothing about it!!!!! You should either get your mates together and go and see the guy which i dont think you seem keen on doing or report him to the police. Otherwise every night you come out of that pub your gonna be bricking it.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah your right and I should seen as these people think they can get away with anything but he could easily make life more awkward for me if I go to the police etc and it's hassle I don't need. Definately not the type of person to go and "see the guy". I'm not bricking it either because I know next time he probably won't do anything.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right I just phoned the police who said that I should have 999'd at the time but, I told them what happened and who the guy is and they said the call has been recorded and they will keep it on file that the incident happened. So if there is a next time then at least they know about last night. Thanks for all your comments! Now where did I leave my ice pack....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok mate, well its up to you, it just winds me up how people think they can just go round and hit people coz they are so paranoid ( probably smacked up on drugs).

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it drives me nuts aswell! I just don't think I have it in me to hit anyone [:S] Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Maybe I'm just a wimp

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
what a comlete tw*t! simular thing happened to me a nit back, i did nothing at the time but if it happens again im sad to say i will be fighting back! if he had hold of you, you can claim it to be self defense, a kick hit to the head or even an un-manly knee ito his balls wud have been about right in that situation, lol?ya lip shouldnt take to long to go down id say a couple of days for the most part and then a little longer for brusing if their is any geeza

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sorry to hear about that mate

ive been lucky my whole life and havnt been hit in the face or had a fight

but i want to think if someone did that to me unprovoked and i knew of them then one day i would want to get my own back. maybe find out where they will be one night and if they will be alone at any time and either on your own or with some mates jump him

maybe leave it a few months so he doesnt suspect its you and hit him in the head with a baseball bat and never speak of it again

am i evil for thinking this?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No because they are chavs and they don't have feelings [:)] Believe me I would love to but it wouldn't solve anything. Best just let it go.

·
Registered
602 Posts
sorry to hear about that mate

ive been lucky my whole life and havnt been hit in the face or had a fight

but i want to think if someone did that to me unprovoked and i knew of them then one day i would want to get my own back. maybe find out where they will be one night and if they will be alone at any time and either on your own or with some mates jump him

maybe leave it a few months so he doesn't suspect its you and hit him in the head with a baseball bat and never speak of it again

am i evil for thinking this?
LOL find out where he lives and go knock on his door wearing a balaclava and when he answers "Judo Cop" him austin powers stylee theres nothing more humiluating to a chav than being taken out by a geek in his own hood.[:p]

Hope the lip goes down soon.

My mate at work who is a 4th dan at tae kwondo got jumped by 4 blokes outside a club and he still has bruises 6 weeks later[:(]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts