Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmm i dont think there that bad as they arnt on all the time, if they were then id agree lol, i quite like the idea if it was dark because it would save some one with a ring fumbling for the door handle n scratching up the paint work

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Chavtastic
Don't try and justify it.
Baz

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Not feeling those at all.....

I sometimes wonder whether all this 'illumination' stuff is going to be
subject to scrutiny by the government at some point. Sure theres a law
about having blue lights on your car?
There is Mark, I just can't remember the details (mate's been done for it before now). However, if it's not worded very well - that light's actually white - it just happens to be blue paintwork. Could get interesting!!!

But anyway, not impressed by that myself.

C

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Might be useful for the reason you said if they were more discreet and not so *blue*

Not feeling those at all.....

Sure theres a law
about having blue lights on your car?
There is, but you're just not allowed to display blue light towards the front of your car. Didn't stop a guy in an impreza I saw recently who had slung a rack across the top of his car with a row of blue flashing lights on it. Made me stop and think for a second till I saw
a) from the quality of it, was clearly not official
b) his private reg ending in 999
c) he was clearly going nowhere fast the whole time the lights were on, just out for the craic

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
there are a few cars going round this area with those lights. i think its chav i would never have them on my car.....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You're all saying how chav it is, lest we forget, the BMW 1 Series has these as an option... no extra chavving up required!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Not chav. Kinda like a grab handle/puddle lumination as featured on the 1-series SEs.

Pretty trick mod there, looks well done and functional. I would mind having them on my Mk5.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Totally chav... if it's an original oem feature, that you decide to buy afterwards/upgrade - then thats fine - (ie, I read on here about people upgrading to cruise control, etc)

When people use these 'otherbrand' aftermarket 'bolt on's' and slap them on their car they must surely realise what poeple are going to think about them... whilst devaluing their car at the same time.

The 'crying' modified MKIV golf advert springs to mind again...

s

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
if it's an original oem feature, that you decide to buy afterwards/upgrade - then thats fine - (ie, I read on here about people upgrading to cruise control, etc)

When people use these 'otherbrand' aftermarket 'bolt on's' and slap them on their car they must surely realise what poeple are going to think about them... whilst devaluing their car at the same time.
What, like Oettinger front valance... OZ wheels... Richbrook tax disc holder? And that's just what you can see in that pic.
Posted Image

Doesn't matter who makes it IMO, as long as the quality is decent enough (i.e. it's not going to fall apart etc) and you like it

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not for me.  But don't let that stop anyone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts