Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

changing out seats in mk4 golf tdi

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  AshOHFK 
#1 ·
I have just purchased on ebay a nice set of gt tdi 150 seats of a 3 door model on a 53 plate.My car is a 4 door model with standard "airport" upholstery seats.My question is will the airbag connections be the same and will there be any issues with the 4 door runners fitting the 3 door seats into these runners,by the way my car is an 03 model

#5 ·
The runners are the same, but your connectors may be different. Also some front seats you screw two nuts onto them, and some you screw two bolts into them. If the connectors are different you can cut them off your old seats and use them on your new ones. Make sure you disconnect your battery before you start, or you will get the airbag light on.

THIS shows you how to remove the front seats

The rears are alot easier, but if you can't work them out send me a pm and I will talk you through it.

#9 ·
The runners are the same, but your connectors may be different. Also some front seats you screw two nuts onto them, and some you screw two bolts into them. If the connectors are different you can cut them off your old seats and use them on your new ones. Make sure you disconnect your battery before you start, or you will get the airbag light on.

THIS shows you how to remove the front seats

The rears are alot easier, but if you can't work them out send me a pm and I will talk you through it.
Why does everyone insist on cutting them off ??? [8o|]

Just use a small screwdriver, open the connector and push the wires out !!

#11 ·
TIP:

If your airbag connectors are different and you have no patience like me to get matching ones and connect them properly then do this for a bodge job:

1. cut the connector off old seat leaving a couple inches of wire coming out of it.

2. strip both sets of wires about an inch off each wire (Mine had 3 wires, others may be different)

3. connect wires using these (pretty sure everyone has a wiring set), http://www.autoconsumables.com/ekmps/shops/227sparts/images/electrical-crimp-connector-terminals-fully-insulated-butt-connector-red-3436-p.jpg

4. Tape them up to stop them snagging under the seat.

Job done.

This is probably pretty obvious to everyone but thaught I'd try and help [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.