Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

CGTI Ragley Hall Mega Meet - Sept. 18th

8K views 97 replies 27 participants last post by  MikeTDI 
#1 ·

Show - CGTI Ragley Hall Mega Meet
Location - Ragley Hall (nr. Alcester)
Date - Sunday 18th September
Website - www.cgtiworcs.com - www.cgti.com

Third year round for this show. Looking forward to it as last years show was really good. Always a good one to help close the show season for 2005.

We managed to grab best stand at last years show (although I forgot to attend the prize award ceremony thing [:$]) so I'd like us to defend our title this year [:D] So make sure cars are shiny!

As with the previous shows we don't have a limit on space so I'd like to get a few of us there to show off what the mkiv and mkv are all about [Y] If your interested in having your car on the stand please let me know via the thread.

[hr]

UPDATE - Stand is now being organised by Redbard7 (Rob), I'll update the listing but please refer to his posts for details on the stand etc.

Stand list:
Sonnysdi
baker21
Redbeard7
Sonic
Bad-VW-Boy
Valve24
Beddie
Wayne & Royster
Estelle

Total = 9

See less See more
#18 ·
Can you put me down as a maybe then [:)] Will have to see if I can change things around to make it but at least I have the time to sort it.

Only downside last time was the lack of trade stands again and things to do other then look at all other cars expect our great uk-mkivs.net stand. [:(]

Maybe if BobVW makes his appearance again I may well order sme stuff again and make myself the need to be there to collect it from him [;)]

#22 ·
Entries for the Ragley Hall Mega Meet Show 'n Shine are now open!

Please note that there is no extra cost to enter the Show n Shine, so theres no excuse not too! You never know, you might even end up with a trophy for all your hard work!!

The classes are:

MK1 Golf/Jetta - Standard
MK1 Golf/Jetta - Modified

MK2 Golf/Jetta - Standard
MK2 Golf/Jetta - Modified

MK3 Golf/Vento - Standard
MK3 Golf/Vento - Modified

MK4/MK5 Golf/Bora - Standard
MK4/MK5 Golf/Bora - Modified

Other VAG - Standard
Other VAG - Modified

The Car of Show (decided by judges from the winners of each Class)

------------------------------------------------------
The Show n Shine will be self-judged, however the Car of the Show will be decided by the organisers from all the winners on the day.

Trophies will be presented to all winners at the end of the day.

If you would like to reserve a place in the Show + Shine competition, please email your details (name, car, reg., modded/standard) to
showandshine@clubgtiworcs.com

You can enter on the day, but its best to register now to ensure you get a place and to enable us to get a rough idea of numbers. Any questions can be sent to the above address.

Thanks guys, lets make this another year to remember!

#23 ·
Can you put me down as a maybe then [:)] Will have to see if I can change things around to make it but at least I have the time to sort it.

Only downside last time was the lack of trade stands again and things to do other then look at all other cars expect our great uk-mkivs.net stand. [:(]

Maybe if BobVW makes his appearance again I may well order sme stuff again and make myself the need to be there to collect it from him [;)]
Doing our best to rectify the trade attendance this year, but its very hard work to get them to commit! I cant understand it myself. We only charge ?20 for a trade plot and they still arent interested! Still we will have Lister VW attending with the latest metal from VW, and The Golf+ magazine will be there again this year, as their report fropm last year was excellent.

Come on guys, its small shows like this that have a better atmosphere than the big ones, and its cheap to get in!

#25 ·
Indeed Rob, its very hard to get committment for what is still a young show. We had hoped that the success and reports in the magazines from previous years would tempt more traders, especially with our prices. It shouldnt really matter though, we would rather a high attendance of superb cars to look at all day. Saves us spending money too!! ;)

#26 ·
Looks like I'm going to have to give this years show a miss. Had to much on lately and need to sort some stuff out. Gutted [:(]

If anyone would like to take over the stand please let me know. As it stands we have one or two people interested so I'm unsure if people still want to go ahead?

@ Rob - ClubSE always have massive stands, they hog all the space at shows lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.