Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who came today, it made for a good showing for UKMkIVs.

Shame we didn't win best club stand again ( Tabs...the winners didn't attend the prize giving again this year)

Here's some photos of the cars on our stand... I think I got everyone, it may look overcast but now I'm home and looked in the mirror the face is somewhat red......Beddie check yours mate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/RedBeard_7/CGTI%20Mega%20Meet/PICT0404.jpg

Great day out and nice to meet some new faces and some not so new[:p] again thanks to all.

Rob

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Sonny you missed a good day shame you couldn't get off work.

I think you'll find that this was the last show of the the year and from what I gathered CGTI should be having their mega meet there next year.

As for photos I only took some of the cars on the stand but there were lots of people taking photos during the day so I'm sure someone will post some more.

R

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi guys - good to meet you all. Special thanks to Leon for the tyre polish (will go bug the local valeter for some of that stuff!) and Rob for showing me what a clay bar does and how orange flavour virosol, should not be swallowed but used on your engine! Thanks too to Emma & Beddie for feeding the gang! Very grateful as there were no food vendors (again).

~ Maxie

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
good little show that was. not the biggest but the quality of cars on show was top notch. good to see ukmkivs.net at this event. its a shame the show wasnt really a show n shine event as i first thought tho.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Help yourself Tabs, theres bound to be more around as plenty of people were taking pics.

R

·
Registered
141 Posts
Was a good show, got to meet some of the guys. Thanks, Redbeard, good demo on the Claybar!

Cheers to Emma & Beddie for the food. Good luck with the tyre shine Max...keep that paint good.

I have some photos too I will post them up in the next few days...[H]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying, but was absolutely knackered after organising the evnt all weekend!

Well i hope you all had a good day. I must apologise for the organisation of the food, this was left in the hands of Ragley Hall and unfortunately they cocked it up bigtime!! Ran out of food before 1pm [:|]

That out the way, the show went off really well and I am glad you guys came along. Not as big as last year, but the enthusiasm from you guys is always prominent. I didnt manage to get round to talking to anyone! Was too busy with everything - even St Johns ambulance came in useful this year as one of our marshalls got stung in the neck [:S]

Anyway, I would like to confirm that there will be a Mega Meet next year and hopefully it will be at Ragley, although some idiots decided to do handbrake turns on the gravel in front of the main house, so I have yet to see if I am in for a bollocking. Its always some mindless individual that has no regard for peoples property or safety [:mad:]

Finally, that was my last Mega Meet as organiser. I have run it for 3 years now and I have decided to take a step down and just help out on the day. The new Regional Hosts for Worcestershire will be taking on the organisation and I wish them the best of luck.

Thanks again you guys for your continued support and hope to see you all again next year.

Regards

Robin Turner

CGTI Ragley Hall Mega Meet Organiser

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks Robin for a great day out. I certainly had fun in the UKMkIV enclosure - it's the first time I have had my car on display and it was great to share the experience with the others parked in our enclosure too. I've never had so many people inspect my car before thanks in part to the other guys who helped me clean it (Rob, Leon). Too bad about the guys pulling hand brake turns - that potentially can cost us all a venue. Hope Ragley Hall is on the calendar for an event in Summer 2006 - I think it would look great on a sunny day.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well is that it then for this year's UKMkIV meets? If so, I am hanging up my alloys and putting on 16" wheels a la Tabs but mine are better than his 'cos they are alloys and his are only steelies......pah! [:p] Actually, going to get my dealer replacement refurbed alloys properly done (hopefully approaching the original finish) and have them back on the Anni for Spring 2006.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hello guys,

Another great show and a good day out, great to meet up with everyone again and meet some new faces...

Rob & Pam, thanks for organising the rabble and filling our leader's shoes for the day! [:p], also many thanks from myself and Emma for sorting out our entry to the hall, cheers fella..!

Maxi, always nice to meet you again mate, the Anni was looking super shiny this time around and i will be checking the paint is soooper smooth after some claybar action next time lol!! [:D]

Leon (valve 24), pleasure meeting you mate, stunning car you have there and a very talented artist too... just need to sweet talk Emma into getting one of your creations done for my xmas present now!! [:D]

Simon, great to finally meet you in person and see F4TASS in the flesh, cracking motor mate and all the more amazing for the mileage it has done! if you get the new motor half as good you'll be doing fine imo... [:D]

Hi to everyone else that was there, and hopefully see you all again next year.........

Steve

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Anyway, I would like to confirm that there will be a Mega Meet next year and hopefully it will be at Ragley, although some idiots decided to do handbrake turns on the gravel in front of the main house, so I have yet to see if I am in for a bollocking. Its always some mindless individual that has no regard for peoples property or safety [:mad:]
Rob, firstly, thanks for organising such a great show and good day out.. [Y]

Hopefully we will still be able to use Ragley next year despite the idiot who did the handbrake turns! as you say there is always one **** who will ruin it for everyone, but you don't really expect it at VW meets somehow...

On my way out i noticed he had done them on the gravel outside the house, across the grass and down the roadway from the house too! [:mad:], myself and Rob actually saw the tool doing it from the house and if it helps name and shame him it was a lad in the 05 registered 'Dark Flint' Beetle cab, i got the impression the car wasn't his tbh and i saw it again on the way home in McDonalds 'cruising' with a load of chavved-up Saxo's LOL!! [:D]

·
Registered
566 Posts
"Simon, great to finally meet you in person and see F4TASS in the flesh, cracking motor mate and all the more amazing for the mileage it has done! if you get the new motor half as good you'll be doing fine imo... [:D]"

I'll second that comment - nice to meet you as well, Simon. 'F4TASS' had me chuckling all the way from the pre-meet area to the venue! Very original and methinks you wound on the mileage on your car to make the rest of us lower mileaged cars look bad!! Stunning car all the same and the kit is fantastic.

Can't wait to get my hands on that clay bar Beddie, you can feel her up all you like then (my car that is....) [;)]

~ Maxie

·
Registered
567 Posts
was nice to see some nice mk4's there , mine was the one on the newport stand gives me loads of ideas for mods bootfill and smooth bumbers i think

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thanks for turning up and putting on a display guys[:D]

Unfortunately I was way too busy with my marshalling duties to come over and say hi, but I did see you all arrive and admired the cars, and also managed to catch up with Maxie for a few minutes.

Hope to see you all (and more!) next year[:D]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi guys. Those of you who met at the pre-meet destination (Little Chef) just outside Ragley Hall, I have a lovely little pic of the cars all lined up and ready to go. I was unable to post on here so if you give your email addresses, I'll send you a copy of it if you like.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Maxie,

I'd love a copy of the 'line-up' piccy please mate, email it over dude to: stevebedford(at)tiscali.co.uk..... [:D]

I'll host and post in this thread too if you like..

steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts