Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just collected my new 2.0 GT TDI and the cenral cup holder compartment divider / bottle opener is missing.

VW say they've stopped putting them into new cars.

Thing is, it just looks like there's something missing, what with grooves in the rubber surround in which to locate it...

Anyone know where I can get one from? Dealer says he can't get one through parts department.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Tell them to stop being cheap........

You just spent ALOT of cash on a car, and they can well afford to supply one for nothing.....

Tell them it isn't in their interest, as you've lots of mates and family who could easily be put off buying a car from them just on your say-so........

......and while their at it to supply the top-up oil kit (if it isn't in the trunk)...

......I hate CHEAPSKATE dealers.........Grrr

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Rubbish, some schemie in the garage has knocked it!

Tell the dealer to find you one. It's in the manual and the bit under the sliding cover is useless as a cupholder without it. Also you have also paid for an option that includes this in the price.

If they don't get you one phone VW customer care to complain.

Perhaps someone on here can supply the part number.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Funny cos I got the bottle opener in my car picked up on the 1st and the dealer was kinda proud to show me the bottle opener when giving his usual handover...he did say some dealers weren't keen on it as it was kinda weird giving a bottle opener when drink driving was not to be encouraged. I believe some VW dealers complained about it being included but these guys should get a life !!

I can see his point from the drink driving perspective, but I was happy enough to see my arm rest complete with bottle opener.....even got the oil refill kit, and a decent sized bottle of VW screenwash !!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by TouranMan on 08/03/2005 22:20:39

I got one off ebay for ?2!

See, someone at dealers are stealing them [:(!]

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Part number for anyone interested is 1K0858230 and is a shocking ?15.23 + VAT. Our new cars are still coming through with them!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote: posted by Mark V on 08/03/2005 22:21:49

Bottle opener? [:O]n What - for beers and stuff?

My guess is that in other countries those glass Coke bottles are more common? Either that or we Brits just don't do the "p78s-up in the car" thing that must be common somewhere else!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quote: posted by elliotp on 08/03/2005 22:15:43

Funny cos I got the bottle opener in my car picked up on the 1st and the dealer was kinda proud to show me the bottle opener when giving his usual handover...he did say some dealers weren't keen on it as it was kinda weird giving a bottle opener when drink driving was not to be encouraged. I believe some VW dealers complained about it being included but these guys should get a life !!

I can see his point from the drink driving perspective, but I was happy enough to see my arm rest complete with bottle opener.....even got the oil refill kit, and a decent sized bottle of VW screenwash !!

Same her [:)] He was almost giddy showing me all the extra's.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
My opener was with the key. When my wife picked up the car he said he had been keeping it safe in case it went missing!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just one of the things I complained about when I went back to the dealers last month. (Bought car from Camerons in Perth, back in Mar 04.) They found a repalcement bottle opener for me. However, the VW logo was just etched on it and, in pictures I've seen on web, originals had the VW logo in blue and white enamel. Not that it matters really.....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
mine was sat in the car

i went up to see it pre PDI and it was there took a pic on my phone just should it happen to go missing on delivery!

On the handover (which wasnt really a full handover as the salesman was full of cold and he knew i knew the golf lol!

He pointed it out going heres the bottle opener... not sure what its for etc as its only beer that comes in it etc etc but he did make a point of it on the hand over

get to the dealer and play merry hell and demand it!

·
Registered
638 Posts
There are more things than bottles of beer to open, the glass bottles of coke, appletise (although you are a ladyboy if you like that! yuck!) etc etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine was missing but when I complained the dealer ordered one in and I got it 2 days later. You need it to be able to use the tray for holding cups/ bottles etc as this is the only area for this use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my TDI 4 months ago as a dealer ex-demonstrator and therefore it didn't come with the bottle opener. I managed to get a replacement this week, the sales girl took it out of the demonstator GTI!!! I now have a bottle opener and the ability to use my cup holder as VW intended. I feel sorry for the poor sod who gets the GTI after the dealership have finished with it as they'll have the same problem as me. What a vicious circle we've started.

Get down to your dealership and kick up a fuss until you get the item you paid for in order to have a complete car.

Quote: posted by tinswinger on 08/03/2005 21:39:40

Just collected my new 2.0 GT TDI and the cenral cup holder compartment divider / bottle opener is missing.

VW say they've stopped putting them into new cars.

Thing is, it just looks like there's something missing, what with grooves in the rubber surround in which to locate it...

Anyone know where I can get one from? Dealer says he can't get one through parts department.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts