Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with the front passenger door of my Bora.

When I try to lock the doors using the Central Lock button inside the car all doors lock then the passenger door pin pops up, and I need to press it down manually.

Usually using the key fob the door pin drops and stays down, but the lights don't flash, I need to press the lock button again and the passenger door makes a locking noise and the lights flash.

Has anyone had the same problems with their mota?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
811 Posts
My golf is doing the exact samething on the same door, its a microswitch failure apparently, sometimes it works and other days it doesnt.. we both need a new lock mech unfortunatly... thats why it is upseting the alarm.

I have to keep pressing my lock button severel times on the remote till the indicators flash and they flash after the passenger side goes "clonk"

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
You've got a faulty relay, same as me. My rear passenger door does it. Don't know how much it would cost to have it fixed though, sorry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be great news if it only cost ?80. Then I could get autolock fitted to the little mota !

How long do you think it will take to look at Tab? I could call down either one night or at the weekend.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey guess what mines doing the same !!! But even worse the n/s door pin stays down but you can open the door !!!!

German technology .... Yeh right [:mad:]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey guess what mines doing the same !!! But even worse the n/s door pin stays down but you can open the door !!!!

German technology .... Yeh right [:mad:]
Bloody hell!! thats a bit dodgy, i will have to double check mine when i lock it now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also got this problem guys sometimes now and then i press to open the car and all the doors open except the drivers door the pin stays down sometimes several presses opens it other times you have to put key in the lock and open it that way.

Would not mind sorting it so i can delock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm also experiencing this problem on my '99 1.6SE.

Randomly when the doors are locked/unlocked, the rear passenger side door pin will pop up or down!!

As far as i know the door is locked when the pins down, but its gonna be worth a check later!!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
AFAIK theres a fix for this I read it some where that theres not enough
soldier on the circuit board and the soldier cracks over time from
closing/opening the door and this then does the stuff mentioned above.
Its a long job but ill post a link as soon as I find it ....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bloody hell from looking at them pictures this looks like a major job, window out etc etc.

May give it a miss till it really gets worst.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Great find. Wish I had that to hand when I did mine. What a pig of a job & really fiddly.

Just one thing. What's a 99.5 car??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Never mind how good a find it is.......who the hell found out about this in the first place?!!??! Too much time on their hands to whittle the fault down to "too little solder". Bloody hell, that must have taken ages to discover - I would have just got another locking unit.

Glad this guy found it out though

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If so many people are having the same problem then shouldn't we get in touch with VW?

I'm worried now the security of the car isn't 100%

1 - 20 of 21 Posts