Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have had the car, the switch inside you press to lock the doors I have had as issue with. You push it both lock but the passengers door unlocks. It never bothered me that much so never looked in to it. But now my central locking has messed up. When I unlcok the drivers door with the key both doors unlock but the boot doesn't. When I lock the car the boot stays locked but the passengers door stays unlcoked so I have to push the buttown down..

My drivers door lock barrel is messed up I need to get another one if possible but for my key? Somebody has attempted a break in..

I have no remote locking if this also is an issue?

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have this issue also, my mechanic found some wiring to b bashed so im stripping out the interior for him to investiagte

u can buy a remote key off ebay, make sure its brand new,[:)] there is a chap who cuts the blades for a very very cheap price, also on the bay, he does it from a picture and i can vouch for him as he cut my key

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have had a little read about the remote locking but I need to read up a bit more on which key I need to buy etc

I';m checking the wiring in the boot in the top right hand corner this week at som point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts