Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My arms are hurting after this little pig a once over (5 hours worth [:S] ), only a 3.2 but the 20's were awesome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/exterior/11.jpg
http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/exterior/12.jpg
http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/exterior/13.jpg
http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/exterior/14.jpg
http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/interior/1.jpg
http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/interior/2.jpg
http://www.asnl09.dsl.pipex.com/pozie/interior/3.jpg

products used:

PC with green and blue pads,

Poorboys SSR1 & 2.5, Poorboys Blue Carnuba Polish and Meguiars#16 on top.When i do it again and im not pushed for time going to use #7 and #21 too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looking goooooooooooooood and so are the houses in the background[;)]....i would love to get a shine like that on my passat does it involve an electrical buffer and obviously knowledge of poorboys, how long will that shine effect last in this weather or will it come up the same once washed normally[:)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking goooooooooooooood and so are the houses in the background[;)]....i would love to get a shine like that on my passat does it involve an electrical buffer and obviously knowledge of poorboys, how long will that shine effect last in this weather or will it come up the same once washed normally[:)]
Yep went at it with a porter cable random orbital buffer. The effect will last for a good few washes [:D] Offered to clean the outside and buff up with detailing spray for ?20, we'll see if he takes me up on it [:p]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could try autosol paste for the exhaust, this should take most of the muck off them.

Sat
Used autosol before and it was nxt metal polish i tried on it which is IMO a better product but it couldn't shift it!! Maybe the autosol might be a bit grittier but the nxt brings a better shine? Something to try next time i guess.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
yep thats what the autosol does, it gets the surface muck off i.e thats
why its more gritty, but for the final finish i would use i think its
called peek liquid polish for polishing up the exhaust tips.

Sat

·
Registered
792 Posts
Looks good[;)]

Just out of curiousity, which pads did you use for which products, and which stuff did you not use the pc with?

Does anyone apply carnuba wax with the pc?

(you left license number on the 8th pic!)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good[;)]

Just out of curiousity, which pads did you use for which products, and which stuff did you not use the pc with?

Does anyone apply carnuba wax with the pc?

(you left license number on the 8th pic!)
Thanks mate i hadn't realised it was left on that pic [:O]

SSR2.5 & 1 was applied by green pad, blue is supposedly only for polishes and wax. My friend who is an ace valeter puts his wax on by machine but i haven't tried yet.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Very impressive work there [Y]

For those tail pipes try a mixture of Brasso & Autosol, that will shift the crud easy.

A Porter is going to be a must for me very soon, I'm going to start selling my services on the side, so this will be a good purchase & pay for itself ..

How much did you charge him ?? Folk with cars like that seem to want to pay big ??? for a detailing I've found, a status thing I think...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very impressive work there [Y]

For those tail pipes try a mixture of Brasso & Autosol, that will shift the crud easy.

A Porter is going to be a must for me very soon, I'm going to start selling my services on the side, so this will be a good purchase & pay for itself ..

How much did you charge him ?? Folk with cars like that seem to want to pay big ??? for a detailing I've found, a status thing I think...
Cheers Jace,

I only charge him around ?50 because at the mo i just do it to cover the cost of a few new products. Price may go up a wee bit when i start buying specific trim products etc. I do know him quite well though so I do him a good deal and only ask he lets people know who did the jeep. I have offered a wash and buff up with quick detailer for ?20 a time between waxe's so will see if he takes me up on it.

[:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I only charge him around ?50 because at the mo i just do it to cover the cost of a few new products. Price may go up a wee bit when i start buying specific trim products etc. I do know him quite well though so I do him a good deal and only ask he lets people know who did the jeep. I have offered a wash and buff up with quick detailer for ?20 a time between waxe's so will see if he takes me up on it.

It all helps pay the bill's doesnt it [Y]

People doent understand that a proper "Valet" takes more than the time it takes to walk around Tesco, there are loads of Convict car washes popin up all over the place, full valet for ?30 types, hence why the "joe public" wont pay proper ??. I mean even if your products used cost ?5.00, that still leaves ?45 for 5hrs work, which for a "skilled" craftsman is nothing, I wouldnt work for that, thats for sure.

Its guys like you man who will pay the real ?? for the job, & when his mates see it, they are gona want theirs all shiney & blinged up, the difference is, they will be paying the proper rates no doubt, & like a lot of people with money, they only want to pay top dollar as they think cheaper isnt as good, so its good for you to milk them [Y]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

It all helps pay the bill's doesnt it [Y]

People doent understand that a proper "Valet" takes more than the time it takes to walk around Tesco, there are loads of Convict car washes popin up all over the place, full valet for ?30 types, hence why the "joe public" wont pay proper ??. I mean even if your products used cost ?5.00, that still leaves ?45 for 5hrs work, which for a "skilled" craftsman is nothing, I wouldnt work for that, thats for sure.

Its guys like you man who will pay the real ?? for the job, & when his mates see it, they are gona want theirs all shiney & blinged up, the difference is, they will be paying the proper rates no doubt, & like a lot of people with money, they only want to pay top dollar as they think cheaper isnt as good, so its good for you to milk them [Y]
Thats what i'm hoping for mate, its also good to be out the house for so long and try different products on different paint etc [Y]

Obviously anyone on here would get an ace deal [:D]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts