Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely fuming right now!

Lay in bed and I hear whispering and what sounds like someone prising a door open. I look outside my window and see two scrotes crouched down at my car. So I'm up like a shot, charging out the door. They legged it, jumped in what looked like a silver Audi A3 (old shape) and sped off, it was parked up running half way down the street, too far to get the reg sadly...

So i'm surveying what they've done.. I now have one side of the anniversary kit hanging off my car, they were 2 bolts away from getting the sill cover off! Everything else still on, I no doubt know they will be back, so please keep your eyes peeled for any silver anniversary parts being flirted soon, unless these are being stolen to take pride and place on someone elses motor. Looks like i'll have an insurance claim on my hands soon.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with people! Why can't they just leave other peoples sh$t alone! First the keying (3times), now this, and who said owning a car was fun these days.. f'in scum Rant over and one sleepless night ahead

·
Registered
764 Posts
That sucks man, feel really bad for you. :(

That's the worst thing about having such a nice car as yours, scumbags will know what it's worth and try and take it for everything it's worth.

My car got egged a few months ago and it stained the paint work, also my last corsa had 5 or 6 individual dents all over the roof from idiots jumping on it.

Fortunately for them I haven't caught them at it yet, well found one lad walking up the street kicking cars while absolutely steaming (couldn't of been more than 17) so I had some kind words with him, he was all go until he realised I wasn't a stupid little kid like him.

Hope something gets done about your problem soon, keep a look out for the A3, though I doubt they'll be back in the same car if at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm waiting for them if they are stupid enough to come back. God knows I can't get any sleep now, up and looking at every single noise I hear now. Bad times.

I'm guessing it's opportunists, had the car 2 years and this is the first attempt at someone stealing the kit. So they've clocked me, followed me home, come back later to take the kit is my guess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow that sucks man... Definitely stick a baseball bat by the door.

Long time ago when I was a kid there was people going around a breaking into cars around the subdivision. My dad rigged up one of those motion detectors you find on those sensor lights, connected it to a relay onto a wireless door bell and had the chimer for the door bell by the bed. No one ever came around to our place, but it worked perfect though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
scum ! my mate had loads of bother round his way but he went and bought 2 cheap cameras and never had any more trouble so maybe look into that

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
So glad I don't live in a city like Manchester. Everyone I know that has lived there has experienced some sort of car crime. Keep a cheapy camera with flash handy. Even if you don't get a great pic, the fact that they've been photographed will usual be enough to scare them off. My brother did that in Blackpool when a ned returned to his car for the second night, never returned for a third! Blackpool: another crime-ridden s-hole.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Sorry to hear that buddy..

I hope they wont come back, but as you chased them down the road, the driver of the Audi might think that you saw his number plate.. so I dont think he would take that chance in comming back again!

Like others have said pop some CCTV, quite cheap these days now and can be left recording.. and make sure that one of the cameras can been seen from the garden as a deterrent as well.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, I was always paranoid of things being taken off my Anni when I had it.

Hope they dont come back, How about possibly filling the screw heads in so they cant undo any if the kit?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
thats crap mate [N]

a friend of mine had this trouble when they tried to steal his engine! we were poping a red top in his corsa a few years back and it was left for a week while we waited for some parts, and didnt realise the little scrots had been comming all week and stealing a bit at a time and eventually stole the head!!!!!!!!!! so we all waited up all night and when they came we chased them off, the next night they where back (the cheek) so same happend again, in the end it was only a 12v battery (or a few) hooked up to the bonnet and a door bell allarm in the house that stopped them comming

not to worry you tho [doh] I hope they dont come back mate

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugghh God knows what time I got to sleep, but must have been gone 4am..

Just nipped out and kit is still on the car, so they weren't stupid enough to come back twice in the same night. So first task of the day as soon as I hit work is getting that sill cover rebonded to the car asap! Quick call to a few bodyshops I think. They have peeled the thing off all the way to the OSF wing.. looks a state, the bonds underneath the car are still intact as are the screws fixed it into the OSF inner arch. (you would have thought they would have done this bit first seeing it is then a case of just peeling it off) NS sill is untouched thankfully. So caught them just in time. And I guess the only bonus out of this is they haven't butchered the car trying to get it off. Small screwdriver scratch towards rear of the sill... Fuxers!

So will they? Won't they comback? I hope not

*chris* that's an idea that mate, might think about doing that. It's not as if I need access to them to remove them at any point and it will make their job twice as hard I guess.

·
Registered
96 Posts
gutted m8. my m8 had same prob with his car and he got sum baby monitors one in the car and one in his bed room so he could hear wots going on

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
little F****rs, I have some little s***bags try rob stuff of my car few months back. was about to go bed when I hear talkin from outside. quickly got dressed and ran outside after them but they got away. aint seen them since but i know they wont do it again

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. My Golfs not as desirable as yours, but still my pride.

You might want to consider one of these:

http://www.securesight.com/

I bought one of the security lights for the rear of the house, starts taking images when motion is detected, when its dark the lamp comes on also, can hook up via USB to the PC or onto SD card. So you have the evidence. If you don't use the lamp, you could DIY it to alert you.

Bit dear for what it is, but does the job. Amazing what it records when you're not at home! Got just the camera part set up at the front now also.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
im pretty lucky that i live in a nice area and we have cctv as you come in to our complex of flats..... no one ever comes down here that is not known.

once i do move to another place a house it will be cctv'd up.. coz i know where i will be moving to and there are little cunts around...

·
Registered
538 Posts
about 3week ago i had tenagers running over the top of my car made a right mess of the roof and cracked the windscreen

·
Registered
590 Posts
This might sound like a very strange suggestion, but hear me out...

You could paint the bottom of your sills with that horrible grease paint they use on drain pipes and such like - i know from my school days that retrieving a tennis ball/football from the classroom roof was no longer worth it! The damn stuff takes days to wash off!

Obviously its one of the last things you want on your pride and joy, but i think if you kept it on there for a month or so they'd lose interest pretty quickly after realising it's there...

Tom

·
Registered
580 Posts
Waiting for the day I catch someone messing with my car, will go ape s**t at them..

Least not too much damage was caused bud [Y]

·
Registered
934 Posts
Tom - interesting idea!

Where in Manc are you Obvious? I used to live on the Chorlton/chorlton-cum-hardy border, there was often a range rover with false plates hanging around outide our house. One day we all went on our hols at about 3am and saw said driver (in a different car) crawl past our house (seat ibiza cupra, integra tyre r and a colt usually all parked up but my ibiza was in garage instead) and needless to say, skiing interupted next night by cops saying house broken into and folks obviously looking for car keys!

nothing stolen that time. Few months later a mates girlfriend stayed thet night and had her punto steering wheel/column nicked!

Anyway, I hope they have the sense not to return following being chased down the street. Even a single brain cell would tell them you are waiting. May be worth letting coppers know as they may just swing passed your house if in the area at night. Thats what they did for us when we were away - apparently drove past once or twice a night!

·
Registered
917 Posts
This might sound like a very strange suggestion, but hear me out...

You could paint the bottom of your sills with that horrible grease paint they use on drain pipes and such like - i know from my school days that retrieving a tennis ball/football from the classroom roof was no longer worth it! The damn stuff takes days to wash off!

Obviously its one of the last things you want on your pride and joy, but i think if you kept it on there for a month or so they'd lose interest pretty quickly after realising it's there...

Tom
If they get this on their hands...... where do you think theyre goin to wipe it?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts