Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeding the rabbit some treats on sunday, Brazil nuts, when my cat came over & started to eat them too.

Isnt this wrong, cats eating Nuts ????

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I was feeding the rabbit some treats on sunday, Brazil nuts, when my cat came over & started to eat them too.

Isnt this wrong, cats eating Nuts ????
I think it's highly wrong, and reporting you to the RSPCA. [:D]

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is it true that you could live on cat food if there was nothing else in the cupboard? [+o(]

But not dog food as it is full of sh*t [+o(]

Is this true?

Not that i am planning on eating cat food, i don't have a cat, i'm allergic to them [+o(]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Is it true that you could live on cat food if there was nothing else in the cupboard? [+o(]

But not dog food as it is full of sh*t [+o(]

Is this true?

Not that i am planning on eating cat food, i don't have a cat, i'm allergic to them [+o(]
I think both, but know for a fact that you can live on dog food. It has to be fit for human consumption. Brainiacs did a show on it where they got someone to eat dog food for a week and see which person put on the most weight, dog food or human food. So the human had to eat processed meat such as burgers etc.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
SOME cats will eat anything at all. Ive heard that cats HATE lemons, but on holiday a few years back we had some chopped up lemons on the kitchen worktop and a cat had walked into our apartment and was sat on the worktop eating the lemon quite happily. My sisters cat also loves a good strong curry.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Pet food does not have to be fit for human consumption. Some of it
is but it is but it is not a legal requirement. The more expensive
diets and prescription foods are better quality but most others are
made from whatever is cheap at the time. Most only have 4% meat in them

The comment about being able to live on cat food
but not dog food may be a crossed wires thing. Cats have to live on cat
food they can't exist on dog food only as they will develop dilated
cardiomyopathy and die. This is because they can't produce their own
taurine whereas dogs can. Dogs can live on cat food or dog food though
they'll get fatter on cat food.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
One of our cats will eat eneything you offer him , Lemons , Orange, Kiwi , lettuice , But he has a huge passion for cheese..

Jay

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Domesticated cats are funny buggers... They'll eat all sorts - but each one likes different things compared to each other in many cases...

Felix adores Corned Beef (surprise </sarcasm>) and Cheese (particularly Edam! [:O]).

Jasper hates both, but loves marmite, or even better preferably bovril. Felix can't stand it. [:cool:]

Dogs? They ain't fussy, they eat and old sh....

C

·
Registered
186 Posts
my cat's a fussy bugger and will only eat felix pouches, not the cheaper felix tins and not cheapo supermarket stuff - has the occasional crisp and loves spiders[:|]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
weve got 3, 1 loves cheese, cant get enough of the stuff, usually stuffs his face then is sick somewhere. the other 2 dont seemed to be that fussed. if its edible theyll have a go. ....and sometimes not so edible, the kitten seems to like to try and chew remote controls [:S]. All our remote controls have bite marks in them......

·
Registered
195 Posts
Whenever I fry some mince for bolognese or something, I always forget to wash the pan before the fat congeals in the bottom,.. many a time ive found the pan 'clean' and one of the cats with a sticky white beard [+o(]

·
Registered
206 Posts
One of ours will lick yoghurt frrom the back of the foil after you have opened it.

Fussy devils, will not eat raw meat, ham, or drink milk, and will only eat felix!

Not tried them with nuts yet, might try that one at Halloween!!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
LOL at the end of the day are they Whiskas cats or Felix cats? Lots for Felix, less for Whiskas... Interesting [;)]

As for the kitten - talking about fussiness.

If you offer it to him, he's not interested. So it goes back on the side of the tray or whatever and left int he kitchen. CRASH. Gone. Stolen. Thieving little.............. [;)]

C

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
My overweight Devon Rex likes eating my siamese's ass......

Posted Image

He looks like this but he has a huge belly.
He has Curly short grey/blue hair and looks a bit gay

he also loves chips

1 - 20 of 20 Posts