Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a cat C GTi turbo offered me today, Any advice if its worth a shot at to make a little profit?

Its a Black 3 door, Recaro interior, 18" Alloys, 5 months mot, couple of months tax, very clean & tidy, 89k on the clock, Bits of history, just had a new Turbo fitted.

I can get it for £1000 possibly a little less, Would there be any profit to sell it on?

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking on piston heads they all seem to be up for £2000 and upwards, But the cat C Status will affect that

Dont know what happened with the other posts then! [:$]

·
Registered
988 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA your computer just sneezed there m8

1k seems cheap for that car, not sure how much a cat c status nocks off a car tho, but i'd have guessed its worth about 1.5k as it is? thats knocking about £500-700 off coz of the cat c status... hmmm but im not sure if petrol cars are shifting too well atm, petrol prices just going up and all + its winter...

·
Registered
488 Posts
taking into account any collection / delivery fuel money lost,

the fact that unless your a trader you'll be another name on the log book

and then whatever you get haggled down to (if you get someone to view it at all)

there isnt exactly a shortage of MK4 turbos out there for next to no money, for the sake of an extra 200 quid i'd be looking for one that wasnt damaged/repaired

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
taking into account any collection / delivery fuel money lost,

the fact that unless your a trader you'll be another name on the log book

and then whatever you get haggled down to (if you get someone to view it at all)

there isnt exactly a shortage of MK4 turbos out there for next to no money, for the sake of an extra 200 quid i'd be looking for one that wasnt damaged/repaired
The car is about 6 miles from me, I have a traders insurance policy so log book will be sent as trade so not another owner on it,

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
its worth more than a grand in pieces but to sell on as a cat c no profit imo, you can get one thats not cat anything for 1700 quid now.

If you sold the engine as a complete conversion into a mk2 or similar you may get your money back just on that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.