Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
It's only just up the road from me so if the weather is nice I'll probably pop up to watch - not brave enough to take my pride and joy on track [:)]

·
Registered
837 Posts
LOL - if I'd read the post a bit closer I may have noticed it was you posting [:$]

I'm doing way less travel nowadays. I used to work in Bristol 5 days a week but it's now 4 in every 8 where only 2 require being in the office as I'm doing 12 hour shifts. This also means that I get 4 days off on the trott. This is great news where my fuel costs are concerned and as a result I still have the R32 - ?150 a month rather than ?350 !

Now the evenings are a bit lighter we should meet up as I'd love to see the IHI. I'll drop you a PM.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Crikey, didn't see this!
I'll have to decide whether to go to this one or the one at RAF Marham the day after... It'll probably be this because this is a bit closer to home. Better get these things sorted out soon!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wiltshire one day, Norfolk the next? Hmmn, could do... I live in Surrey during holidays and in Canterbury during term time, so there's somewhere I can crash after the Norfolk day.
Got a friend who might come with me on this too, he's driving a Megane 2.0 Dynamique (not the 225 sadly). Should be good fun, I'll sort out bookings tomorrow.

Come to think of it, that same mate hails from Norfolk; he'll crash at mine for the Castle Coombe day, and then could reciprocate maybe... hmn...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I might be able to make it along to this, but only for the morning.  Lets hope the weathers better than last years April action day lol.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm, what with work deadlines now, and money limited, guna have to pass on this. will stil come and watch. just come a month to early for me to go on track [:|]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quick question, can we take our cars onto the circuit for some runs? The Action Day website is unclear on this, and the pricing similarly unclear - if I want to take my car on track, what option do I go for?
Cheers,

Neo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Shame I'm at TRL, Crowthorne that same very day. I just love Castle Combe circuit so much [:D]

Just wondering if the forum is going to have a plot there when we have our annual day out for the VW/Audi Day later in the year? Been to the last two and enjoyed it very much. [H]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Would love the take the R on track, but since it's my daily transport and I'm a coward, she'll be remaining in the car park.

Which reminds me, I might have a crack at some doughnuts in the carpark at Quarry again - they were good fun last time [:D]

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
forum stand for vw.audi day seems good idea again. i'l be up for that

@ spanner, get on track! dare ya [;)]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts