Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track has been hired out privately by a friend.

£160 / Open Pit Lane format after first 2 hours / 40 cars max / 10 cars max on track at any one time / 100db noise limit / Free ARDS instruction / discounted track day insurance via Egger Lawson

The day will be well organised. Any person driving like a muppet and is deemed to be endangering others will be thrown out.

So who's interested?

PS: It is September so weather will be a bit more changeable. No refund will be given should the day be washed out. Just wanted to point that out.

ALSO please ensure your car is under the 100db Noise limit - last thing you want is to fail the noise test.

Definites

1. Chungster (Paid)

2. Mat20vt (Paid)

3. Spanner (Paid)

4. Cmdfire (Paid)

5. Olly20vt (from SeatCupra.net)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's how it is being in the UK with all the climate change issues - its getting rather unpredicatable these days.

But hopefully it'll be a lovely day and we have a brilliant time again.

Besides it's good to learn how your car behaves in the wet. After all we do live and drive in the UK and we seem to have more wet weather than dry weather.

[:)]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Besides it's good to learn how your car behaves in the wet.
Certainly is. After the sprinkling of rain we had last Saturday at Combe, the R became rather playful - you could really feel the power shifting to the rear axle. I had to force myself to stop deliberately provoking the car round Quarry and out of the Esses. However, that said, heavy/monsoon weather would be terrifying rather than fun !

·
Registered
931 Posts
any update on this? who/when do we have to pay?

new tyres on order now, got set of toyo r888's to try out. need to sort uprated engine mount then i'm ready!

gota hope me fingers fixed by then mind [;)]

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Send the cheque to me Mat so that I can forward to the guy organising it.

?160 payable to "Track Masters Ltd"

Put your name, car reg, and car make/model on back.

I'll PM you my addy.

I've booked the day off work so defo going.

Cheers

10 places already taken.

·
Registered
931 Posts
lee, got the pm , give me few days. gota book day off. probs going to end up having this week off sick, made right mess of me finger at weeknd. so will sort it this week.

do we get info/numbers posted out to us?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah no details will be posted out as it's a private track day.

As long as you've paid you can turn up have car scrutineered and start having fun!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To all who are interested in this track day.

Payment is being taken now and places are going.

Please let me know if you want to come along for definite so that I can give you details of where to send the payment.

Many Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
837 Posts
Lee, I'll confirm in the next couple of days. I booked the 18th off work but somebody has put me down as being on-call that week so I need to check tomorrow when I am in the office.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Lee, hoping to get my shift cock-up sorted by the end of today.

Out of interest, do you have any idea what other cars are likely to be there? Are our dubs going to be the only "normal" cars there?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Currently have 7 Scooby's, 1 Lotus, 1 Supra, 1 TVR, 1 205, and 1 other car that I don't recognise the description of lol.

But don't worry. The day will be fun and safe. Most of the peeps already going are regular track dayers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
sounds like a good day, lets hope for some nice dry weather

cheque posted 1st class tonight, think i just missed tonights post though [:mad:]

1 - 20 of 135 Posts