Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
If it doesnt clash with the holiday, I'll be there with bhajis on!

Missus is on about a holiday late August so (excuse the pun) I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry guys, I cant to both curry nights. I'm on for Friday but cant make Saturday (cash flow).

Have a great time though

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No prob Flex, matey, I'll see you on the Friday. Spoke to peeps at customer site and they all said the Sardar rocks. So, what do you look like so we know where to sit? [:D]

Guys, about the Southall curry, there's probably not enough of us for a cruise, shall we just meet up at the McDonald's Drive Thru opposite for some quick photos and pre-curry ice cream? The local bad boys hang out in that car park as well, let's show 'em how it's done, UK-MkIV style [;)]

They're a good bunch really. In fact there's a young lad living behind the restaurant who likes Golfs, last time I nipped over there for a take-away I came out to find him checking out my car [:)]

I'm free all day so can still cruise if anyone wants to (should probably be in the gym burning off the curry from the night before!)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mmmmm sounds good , thought more was going thou
There will be, just not all from here. Don't worry, we won't be all lonely [:D]

Hope the weather cools off a bit though, crikey...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Im interested but wanted to know where youd all be parking ? Im the sad pessimistic type when it comes to my car [:p]

P.S: WE ALSO NEED MORE PEOPLE - roll up guys and gals !! [:D]

·
Registered
703 Posts
its down the road from me... but my car will be getting covered in dust
for a couple of week... whilst I am away getting married... also won't
have any fuel in either, i timed it to run out the day before i go!
lol. I will be in 36C heat on the sat! hehe

enjoy it, mind the parking on the main road... most asians in southall can't have a real licence!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Park in a side street, it'll be perfectly OK. The locals are all respectable people. Meet up at the McDonald's Drive Thru and I'll show you all where to park. Make sure she's clean, nudda, I want to take some pics of that Oettingered ride!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its down the road from me... but my car will be getting covered in dust for a couple of week... whilst I am away getting married... also won't have any fuel in either, i timed it to run out the day before i go! lol. I will be in 36C heat on the sat! hehe

enjoy it, mind the parking on the main road... most asians in southall can't have a real licence!
We'll bring you a doggy bag with the left-overs [:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Park in a side street, it'll be perfectly OK.
The locals are all respectable people. Meet up at the McDonald's Drive
Thru and I'll show you all where to park. Make sure she's clean, nudda,
I want to take some pics of that Oettingered ride!
lol @ Oettingered ride. Got some work planned on it but I dont think itll be done before the meet ! [:(]

As for parking, the locals are far from respectable lol. Ive been
southall a lot and everyones dodgy there ! I'll find out where it is
best to park if you want from some mates, but if your confident your
parking spot is safe then thats fine [:)]

Anyone else going ???

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im interested but wanted to know where youd all be parking ? Im the sad pessimistic type when it comes to my car [:p]
The side streets are all one-way as well, and only wide enough for one car, not two, so there's even less chance of any mishaps. It's a decent enough area.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As for parking, the locals are far from respectable lol. Ive been southall a lot and everyones dodgy there ! I'll find out where it is best to park if you want from some mates, but if your confident your parking spot is safe then thats fine [:)]
I'll bring a huge roll of bubble wrap from my aunt's warehouse and we'll wrap your baby up nice and safe, OK? [:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
lol more like a a hammer from your uncles DIY store so we can whack the little ****s trying to touch it [:p]

Should be ok though although more people would have been ace - we'd be taking over the macdonalds car park!

Need atleast 10 people to have a cruise I say !

anyone bringing video/digital cameras ?

·
Registered
670 Posts
shuiming - i will be there around half seven at the bar.

picture a brad pitt, tom cruise, george clooney type.

I look nothing like that!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Might pop along, depends if I get permission or not.

I'd be on my tod though, Mrs would be babysitting

Oh and by the way, my old warhorse might look out of place along side your pretty cars, I will wash it though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts