Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my cars still smelling of petrol, its back up at the dealers today, they couldnt get me a replacement car for today as they had non left.

But they have decided it needs to be stripped down more as they think its got something to do with the fuel injectors,

Getting a VW uk car delivered to my house later tonight... not happy [:mad:]

I am starting to wonder why i got a VW, i didnt have anywhere near as many probs with my old focus!!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I know you've been unlucky Chris but most of the inconvience to you has been due to dealer incompetence has it not?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah to a certain extent it has, but apparently these are one of the the better dealers in the north east.. i dread to think what the others are like!!

But quite why the let the car leave the dealers while still smelling of petrol is beyond me!! But the master tech is working on the car now, may get somewhere!!

[:(]

Having said that, i would still buy a GTI lol [:$]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Now, that's weird! I goto Pulman in Durham and have gotten on very well!

I needed a new clutch and they quoted me ?550!!! However, when I took
the car in a tecnician took it out for a test drive and rang me up
saying that the flywheel seemed dodge. They replaced the flywheel on
warranty and charged the clutch labour to warranty too, saved me ?300!
Although a couple of the lads on the service desk couldn't find their
own backsides :p

If you still get no luck then goto Lookers (I think that's the name), they're pretty local too.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont get me wrong they are friendly enough and cant fault the service to much, they are delivering the replacement to my home tonight in darlington (15miles away), and they dropped me off at home this morning just my experiences are that they are not very good at fault finding.

With this fuel smell problem, to be fair it probs had two problems, they found a hole in one of the fuel lines and replaced it... they presumed that was the end of it, but obviously not... so they are doing further investigations

So where you from mate???

Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess they should have properly tested your car, but hopefully they'll get their act together and she'll soon be sorted!

I'm one of those pesky stoodents from Durham :) Live back in Cambridge away from term time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Chris

You should have printed out my previous posts and shown it to your dealer.

It took them 3.5 weeks to finally diagnose and replace faulty injectors, thankfully 3 weeks on everthing is running fine again [H]

Fingers crossed that they sort it out this time [:)]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Chris

It took them 3.5 weeks to finally diagnose and replace faulty
injectors, thankfully 3 weeks on everthing is running fine again [H]

Ah, I thought I remembered another post on fuel leakage. I take it you're the same Mainy from TSN? [;)]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Chris

It took them 3.5 weeks to finally diagnose and replace faulty injectors, thankfully 3 weeks on everthing is running fine again [H]

Yeah mate i mentioned it to them when it went in the first time, but they said nah we found it, its the fuel lines

But obviously they were wrong lol

Also how long did it take them 2 mess with the injectors..think tehres a chance i could get mine back 2moro???

·
Registered
59 Posts
@ Stevie d yes I hang out in TSN sometimes [:)]

Chris, it eventually took them another week to replace the injectors, test drive the car, leave it standing check for the fuel smell , test drive it some more etc.[|-)]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had a call, they are replacing injector seals and numerous other seals and gaskets. And yet andother fuel line??!?!?

May have my car back 2moro apparently

Heres hoping

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just had a call, they are replacing injector seals and numerous other seals and gaskets. And yet andother fuel line??!?!?

May have my car back 2moro apparently

Heres hoping
Thats what they did with mine.....

Replaced the injector seals 3 times before finally replacing all injectors [:|]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In all honesty the lass may have said injectors too, but i was shocked at the list of stuff to replace so it sorta went in one ear out the other!!

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine's booked in at the dealers next Tuesday for exactly the same fault.

Car's a 2.0FSi and the problem seemed to start after the dealers fixed a small oil leak, which involved them removing the gearbox. Don't know if they would have disturbed the fuel system doing this ?

Will wait and see what they find on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the car back with replaced injectors seals and a fuel manifold apparently

lets see what happens now!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess what, it still smells of petrol.

be it not as badly as it did, but deff a smell still there [:'(]